• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

QB in Portal

I'm not really sure what you're getting at,
Yes, we had a better record when the people calling the plays on offense and defense were replaced and new guys started calling plays.
Presently, the guy calling the plays replaced everyone but the guy calling the plays.
Yet he’s said he’s hiring someone to do that, but you apparently don’t like the way that sounds.

Just having a discussion.
A bunch of Coach Frost's boys were canned.

But the guy in charge of the offense is still there, right?

So we got the guy in charge of the D, who we agree isn't the problem. And we also got the guy in charge of the O. Who, incidentally, is still in charge of special teams. So what is our problem?
Is this the Dillon Gabriel thread? Or do we need another HCSF thread?

Look, you need some depth, right? So, you sit the kid down and tell him, hey man, if something happens to you, we’re screwed. We absolutely need some depth. A reasonable person would understand as much.
Totally agree. We shouldn't have players on our roster who are afraid of competition. If you want the starting job, go win it.

That said, Dillon Gabriel broke his collar bone on his throwing side. Does this kind of injury impact throwing? If so, is he 100%?

I also note that the fun part about stats is how they don’t show the real picture and can be manipulated

Like if I take away the points scored against NW, our scoring average drops from 27.9 to 25.2, which puts us at 10th.

Piling up stats against tomato cans and then laying eggs to teams with a pulse is not good.
1 small victory for us this year.... we we're anyone's tomato can!

I don’t understand the point of this oversimplification of analyzing the results, trying to assign blame more for the offense vs the defense. If you asked me that question, I’d say both phases played well enough to win a lot of games of the Huskers didn’t give away special team’s.

The defense started stronger at the beginning of the season, but the offense had some solid production against a couple of very tough defenses at the end of the year. Who cares, it wasn’t enough to win the games.

Looking at the market, I’m glad Nebraska didn’t clean house. This off-season doesn’t reflect a very favorable coaching pool. It’s why you see Mel Tucker getting overpaid, by a hell of a lot. I don’t think the chances are very good that Nebraska would get a top candidate this time around. It’s ironic, but I think showing patience with Frost will help the search in a year if it needs to happen. Although I personally think the circus so close calls going the wrong way won’t continue, and Nebraska will not be having that conversation in a year.

Yet he’s said he’s hiring someone to do that, but you apparently don’t like the way that sounds.
I think it’s hilarious that he fired his assistants as a result of his bad work.

I called this. Before the season I had said that he was going to fire chinander and place all of the blame on the defense in order to buy himself more time.

The only thing I had wrong was which assistants he was going to use as the whipping boy for his self preservation.
I don’t think new hires are going to really change anything unless he hands over full control of the program to someone that actually has organizational leadership ability. And if he does that, why are keeping him around?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back