• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

QB in Portal

If it's not this guy, it needs to be another QB who is a proven passer. Passer first, decent runner second.

Do you agree that we were 3rd in the conference in total offense, behind only Ohio State and Michigan?

And do you agree that we were 4th in scoring offense?

Do you agree that our total defense and scoring defense conference rankings were 8th and 9th, respectively?

Here's the problem... we can nitpick and analyze the season to death, but we'll probably drive ourselves mad doing so. This was the strangest season I've ever seen. Just looking at statistics would tell you that the defense was a bigger problem than the offense. However, the eyeball test would tell you that the defense was actually pretty good. The statistics AND the eyeball test would also tell you that the team was pretty good, yet the record is downright awful.

I don't have any way to explain the 2021 season other than to say it was bizarre. I hope the changes being made translate into a much more successful 2022.

Don't waste your breath.

We absolutely should increase the level of competition in the QB room. But more importantly we need tackles and to fix the offensive line.
That’s sad because we seemed on paper to recruit well at the tackle position. Just sucks to say out loud they weren’t good. Hopefully a new coach can mold that young clay. Something crab Husker said was Bernhart looked stiff. He said that last season leading into this season. N2FL talked about flexibility training with strength and conditioning. I didn’t listen but I think they might be onto something.

Just having a discussion.
A bunch of Coach Frost's boys were canned.

But the guy in charge of the offense is still there, right?

So we got the guy in charge of the D, who we agree isn't the problem. And we also got the guy in charge of the O. Who, incidentally, is still in charge of special teams. So what is our problem?
Since this seems your thought process, were we right in getting rid of Frank? Did his staff changes not make needed changes?

Since this seems your thought process, were we right in getting rid of Frank? Did his staff changes not make needed changes?
well, in hindsight firing Frank was sure foolish. While he only won 7 the year before being fired, we can't even find a guy that can win 7 now.

well, in hindsight firing Frank was sure foolish. While he only won 7 the year before being fired, we can't even find a guy that can win 7 now.
The question didn’t change, did the changes help or not?

1998Nebraska9–45–3T–2nd (North)L Holiday2019
1999Nebraska12–17–11st (North)W Fiesta23
2000Nebraska10–26–2T–1st (North)W Alamo78
2001Nebraska11–27–1T–1st (North)L Rose78
2002Nebraska7–73–54th (North)LIndependence
2003Nebraska9–3*5–3

That’s sad because we seemed on paper to recruit well at the tackle position. Just sucks to say out loud they weren’t good. Hopefully a new coach can mold that young clay. Something crab Husker said was Bernhart looked stiff. He said that last season leading into this season. N2FL talked about flexibility training with strength and conditioning. I didn’t listen but I think they might be onto something.
I totally think it's a combination of strength/flexibility/agility training, coaching and maybe scheme. But my gut tells me the ingredients are there. I wonder if Benhart may leave as he has had a tough 2 years.

The question didn’t change, did the changes help or not?

1998Nebraska9–45–3T–2nd (North)L Holiday2019
1999Nebraska12–17–11st (North)W Fiesta23
2000Nebraska10–26–2T–1st (North)W Alamo78
2001Nebraska11–27–1T–1st (North)L Rose78
2002Nebraska7–73–54th (North)LIndependence
2003Nebraska9–3*5–3
I'm not really sure what you're getting at,
Yes, we had a better record when the people calling the plays on offense and defense were replaced and new guys started calling plays.
Presently, the guy calling the plays replaced everyone but the guy calling the plays.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back