• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

QB Casey Thompson took his entire offensive line out for dinner & bowling

Status
Not open for further replies.

That was NOT a cheap meal. It looks like they were at Rodizio's in the Haymarket. It is a Brazilian steakhouse where they have all-you-can-eat meat brought to your table on skewers. Regular price is $30 per person for dinner. I really like to eat there myself, but don't very often because I have a family of 7 and simply can't afford it. So, that was quite the bill. Perfect place for a bunch of linemen though!

That was NOT a cheap meal. It looks like they were at Rodizio's in the Haymarket. It is a Brazilian steakhouse where they have all-you-can-eat meat brought to your table on skewers. Regular price is $30 per person for dinner. I really like to eat there myself, but don't very often because I have a family of 7 and simply can't afford it. So, that was quite the bill. Perfect place for a bunch of linemen though!
I haven't been there, but the other Brazilian restaurants I have been to seem to come around pretty infrequently with the meat offerings, I assume in the hope that you will fill up first on the less expensive items at the buffet stations.;)

I'm always up for a free meal and some bowling.. nice move, something you see in the NFL all the time no matter how good the O-Line was that year.. :)
We need a gunslinger like Mahomes they tend to come from the south and south eastern parts of the country

I haven't been there, but the other Brazilian restaurants I have been to seem to come around pretty infrequently with the meat offerings, I assume in the hope that you will fill up first on the less expensive items at the buffet stations.;)
There is one by my house here in MD and they are always at the table.

Every time I think of meat at a place that serves it on skewers, I always think of bridesmaids, the movie. Everyone was sick and puking. I can’t eat at a place like that. Lol

Seriously though, so, I guess he is the anointed starter? I’d bet Logan has no shot, no matter what he does.

This feels like the same story we always see. Sam Ponder and others, heck Scott Frost himself. Transfer with hype.....CT will start. Barring anything unforeseen of course such as injury.

Absolutely love CT being proactive and trying to build team unity and esprit de corps which is going to be needed. He's signaling he's extremely serious about grabbing the starting job and didn't leave Texas to sit on the bench. Also savvy to understand he's only going to be as good as the big uglies making holes and giving him time to throw next season. CT is a very mature and smart person imo and is going to be difficult to beat out for that starting job imo.

When determining who the starting QB will be for 2022, the future is now. There is no mindset of building toward the future, as a head coach commonly gets in his first couple of seasons. It's very clear that 2022 is do-or-die.

I suppose there may very well be an open competition, but it would take one of the younger quarterbacks looking far-and-away better than Casey Thompson before you'd even consider naming Purdy or Smothers or Haarberg the starter.

If you're a coach with your job on the line this season, risk taking is not the best approach. The younger QBs may have high ceilings, but considering their lack of playing experience, the risk is higher than it would be with Casey Thompson.

One thing I'm certain of -- Casey Thompson is going to work his ass off. He didn't come to Lincoln to be handed the job without effort.

From his Instagram yesterday -- click on the right side of the photo to see more pics.

Last edited:
Just love this place! Whoever serves the pineapple quickly learns to bring it to my table often! I give the server a dollar every time they show up!

When determining who the starting QB will be for 2022, the future is now. There is no mindset of building toward the future, as a head coach commonly gets in his first couple of seasons. It's very clear that 2022 is do-or-die.

I suppose there may very well be an open competition, but it would take one of the younger quarterbacks looking far-and-away better than Casey Thompson before you'd even consider naming Purdy or Smothers or Haarberg the starter.

If you're a coach with your job on the line this season, risk taking is not the best approach. The younger QBs may have high ceilings, but considering their lack of playing experience, the risk is higher than it would be with Casey Thompson.

One thing I'm certain of -- Casey Thompson is going to work his ass off. He didn't come to Lincoln to be handed the job without effort.

From his Instagram yesterday -- click on the right side of the photo to see more pics.

Why didn’t he stay at UT if he wanted to prove himself

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back