• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Purdue will be no gimme

Agree with the OP. Purdue cannot consider us a gimme. Bad teams can play at any time in this league

Well in games things happen like the web going down good team take advantage of that. They did beat PSU ISU and all other put before them

Wish NU was a fraud sitting at 6-1
I wish we were at 6 1 too Pops. But not a fraud. Iowa St is another fraud. Glad we are no longer hearing how Matt Campbell is the next Bear Bryant

Why put “injured” in quotes? No Ibrahim flat out tore his Achilles and it sounds like Potts injury is career ending… and Smothers will do our offense absolutely no better, so no, keep the guy who’s had success this season
Bull crap. Quit swinging off Martinez' sack. If he was injured, which would explain his horrendous play, you play the back up to at least have a chance to win. IT's nothing personal. That was not the AM we've seen all year.

He has one game where he misses some throws and everyone assumes he’s just forgotten how to play football. He was clearly injured in some way, Per PFF, he had 0 scrambles, which has not happened yet this season. He also only had two designed runs, which also was easily a season low.
First, I'm not here to trash AM. He should be the starting QB. Yes, we know about the lack of "clutch," but that's a different discussion. But if the stats support the argument that he was hurt (and I agree with you here), and your offense is PREDICATED on having a QB running threat, then what was Frost thinking keeping him in the game? AM was a virtual statue (there were no boots/designed rollouts either) and he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn for most of the day. Why not give him a blow and see if Smothers can create something in a series or two? You can always revert back to AM if Smothers craps himself. Couldn't be any worse than what we saw for 2 1/2 quarters.

Again, this falls on Scott, not AM.

Last edited:

I really thought they had turned a corner and would handle a mediocre Minnesota squad. I was wrong again. I need to put down the koolaid forever.

VXdosd.gif

Bull crap. Quit swinging off Martinez' sack. If he was injured, which would explain his horrendous play, you play the back up to at least have a chance to win. IT's nothing personal. That was not the AM we've seen all year.
Why not? Because Martinez was still a better option than smothers, even with an injury

He has one game where he misses some throws and everyone assumes he’s just forgotten how to play football. He was clearly injured in some way, Per PFF, he had 0 scrambles, which has not happened yet this season. He also only had two designed runs, which also was easily a season low.
but thoroughly understand Degree Deodorant endorsement.

I wish we were at 6 1 too Pops. But not a fraud. Iowa St is another fraud. Glad we are no longer hearing how Matt Campbell is the next Bear Bryant
Then you should be happy I guess. We are 3-5 team that looks like a 3-5 team. No fraud here.

The rest of this isn’t pointed at you but all of us. It’s an interesting trait of our fan base that we look at teams more successful than us and declare them not as good as their records. At the same time when we lost three close games we decided we had turned the corner.

The goal is to win games. A team can have an occasional one or two game blip but over a season your record is who you are. Saying we were Oklahoma’s 5th toughest win so far this year is meaningless

Last edited:

Then you should be happy I guess. We are 3-5 team that looks like a 3-5 team. No fraud here.

The rest of this isn’t pointed at you but all of us. It’s an interesting trait of our fan base that we look at teams more successful than us and declare them not as good as their records. At the same time when we lost three close games we decided we had turned the corner.

The goal is to win games. A team can have an occasional one or two game blip but over a season your record is who you are. Saying we were Oklahoma’s 5th toughest win so far this year is meaningless
No I am not happy. But my happiness nor yours nor any other fan should be tied to whether NU wins or loses. I love my team. But we are not entitled to anything as fans. That is why I find comedy in the Huskers have to win xxxx games. Actually they don't. It would be great to see any Natty or 3 in my life. But if not as long as they make the University and state proud I am okay with that

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back