• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Purdue Week Practice Thread: Thursday 13 October Coach Joseph/ Coaches Radio Show: Coach Joseph

Sounds more like discussion about o-line play, rather than the coaching itself.
Okay. That’s one way of looking at it. But when the system has to be dumbed down for players that have been part of it for (in many cases) years, I don’t think it reflects superior coaching/preparation. But if you’re pleased with the o-line play, then fine - nothing to worry about here. Carry on…

Okay. That’s one way of looking at it. But when the system has to be dumbed down for players that have been part of it for (in many cases) years, I don’t think it reflects superior coaching/preparation. But if you’re pleased with the o-line play, then fine - nothing to worry about here. Carry on…
I’m certainly am not a fan of the o-line play and don’t know how you could come to that conclusion. The question is why are they so bad? One could blame it on the first year coach and that MAY be right. You could blame it on Austin, and that MIGHT be right too. But without being able to see what these coaches are actually doing (or did) and identify specific shortcomings in their coaching style and practices, it would be analytically faulty to not consider the possibility that part of the problem lies in the ability of some of the players on the line.

Perhaps the system has to be dumbed down because we have players that need it dumbed down. Or maybe the teaching of the players has been faulty. I’m open to both possibilities, or even a combination of both.

But if I see a guy who consistently can’t move laterally against a pass rusher taking the long way round to my QB, I’m going to at least consider the possibility that talent or player motivation could be an issue.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back