• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Props to the coaching staff this past season

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskerGene

A work in progress
10 Year Member
The staff obviously did a great job last season working with very little NFL talent, it would seem. Only 2 players drafted & one of them missed half the season. The young talent we currently have speaks to the job the staff has been doing and how the new players recognize this, IMO. I think the future is very bright! GBR

I agree with what you wrote Gene.....and I know we have been discussing how the athleticism and speed of the young guys who will get their opportunity in the 2013 season will be a big step up....

And yeah to kudos to the coaches indeed and best of luck to those who signed NFL contracts....I hope it works our for them....

The staff obviously did a great job last season working with very little NFL talent, it would seem. Only 2 players drafted & one of them missed half the season. The young talent we currently have speaks to the job the staff has been doing and how the new players recognize this, IMO. I think the future is very bright! GBR

Good post.....I'm sure as a first yr head coach, & after a 5-7 yr from Callahan, it was hard to recruit at first & guys like Gabbert decommitted....it sure seems to be getting better recruiting wise, more speed, the offense we know is there.......& the thing is, he didn't win em all, a few blow outs, but yet all 3 yrs in the B12 he won or tied for a division title & one out of two yrs in B10 won a division title, least wins in any yr was 9.....

We're going to see a number of O players getting drafted over the next two years, and beyond, as they graduated.

I'd expect to see some D guys start to get drafted in 2015.

Good post.....I'm sure as a first yr head coach, & after a 5-7 yr from Callahan, it was hard to recruit at first & guys like Gabbert decommitted....it sure seems to be getting better recruiting wise, more speed, the offense we know is there.......& the thing is, he didn't win em all, a few blow outs, but yet all 3 yrs in the B12 he won or tied for a division title & one out of two yrs in B10 won a division title, least wins in any yr was 9.....

Been harping on this for a couple years now. Pelini has done the coaching of his life winning nine and ten games his first two years in the B1G, with far less than championship talent on Defense.

It seemed that every time I turned around this weekend, another Georgia defender was getting drafted. Considering the Husker offense's performance against them, that's got to be a good sign for the coming year.

Last edited:
It seemed that every time I turned around this weekend, another Georgia defender was getting drafted. Considering the Husker offense's performance against them, that's got to be a good sign for the coming year.

I noticed that as well.

I don't want to count our eggs before they hatch, but Pelini appears to be doing a good job of restocking the cabinet with talent. It sounds exaggerated, but it really does take 4-5 years to really start to see production from a recruiting pipeline. We got lucky with a few standouts like Suh, Crick and Amukamara, but I feel like Bo is finally able to recruit (and win) the players he needs for his system.

I've always loved our coaching staff, but if players drafted is an indicator, they have been squeezing a lot out of the available talent. Looking at our current players, I'm with many of you. Good things are coming - and soon.

Unfortunately there is a flip side to the fact that the coaching staff did a great job getting as much out of their athletes as they did on the field......we need to upgrade our recruiting !!!

Unfortunately there is a flip side to the fact that the coaching staff did a great job getting as much out of their athletes as they did on the field......we need to upgrade our recruiting !!!

They did, according to the recruiting services and many on here. Time will tell if that is true, I guess.

It seems coaches didnt do a very good job of coaching players for the next level. Sure some have natural talent and even then with out skills and and ability being honed for the next level they will miss out. Suh even admits it took coaching to highen his skills. We shall see what this staff can bring out in quality players..or we can continue to say we just dont have the talent for the next level.

The coaching staff has done an outstanding job winning so many games with only 2 NFL players. Played heads up with Georgia. Great last 2 recruiting classes. Should be only positive things ahead but some just will never be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back