• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Projecting Defensive Depth Chart

Kwajsker

Scout Team
What do you think?

DE - Green, Thomas, Rogers, Newsome, Black
DT - Daniels/Riley, Hutmacher
DE - Stille, Robinson, Payne, Wildeman, Walker

OLB - Domann, Tannor, Wright, Hannah, Jackson
ILB - Miller, Mauga-Clemente, Green
ILB - Honas, Reimer, Heinrich, Snodgrass
OLB - Nelson, Cooper, Graham, Alston

CB - Bootle, Clark, Francois
S - Dismuke, Pola-Gates, Gray
S - Williams, Farmer, Gifford
CB - Taylor-Britt, Newsome, Delancey, Lynum

K- Contreraz
P- Aussie

Debated a lot at DE. I could see any of the three - Stille, Robinson, Payne - getting starts at different times in the year.
OLB was the next area I spent time considering. A lot of bodies there and potential and it will be interesting to see how that spot shakes out.

Your #2 and #3 on the front seven had best see a lot of playing time or 2020 is a losing season again.

The starting D line has very few sacks to its credit.
The starting LB's are known to allow unlimited completions on 3rd and long to even the slowest of RBs and TEs.

Finally, special teams: you hope that you win close games.
Well you have both an untried place kicker; that worked out really well in 2019 didnt it :(.
Then add to that an untried, all bet hopefully talented punter. Last time we tried that, by mid season he was kicking it behind himself :( :(.

Guys when DONU is depending on talent that has not had practice reps for improvement, added to a monster schedule, 2020 looks like a disaster waiting to happen no matter how good our offense might be.

GBR

Your #2 and #3 on the front seven had best see a lot of playing time or 2020 is a losing season again.

The starting LB's are known to allow unlimited completions on 3rd and long to even the slowest of RBs and TEs.

Well you have both an untried place kicker; that worked out really well in 2019 didnt it :(.
Then add to that an untried, all bet hopefully talented punter. Last time we tried that, by mid season he was kicking it behind himself :( :(.

Guys when DONU is depending on talent that has not had practice reps for improvement, added to a monster schedule, 2020 looks like a disaster waiting to happen no matter how good our offense might be.

GBR
You could be right!

GBR
Keep the faith my husker brother!!!! Obviously there are a multitude of unanswered questions to be answered. We can have faith in the boys and the coaches or we can talk about disasters and losing seasons. What has been happening in the last two years and continues as we speak is a process. Nobody in Nebraska considered that a 4-8, 5-7 seasons would be part of the process. This team is being built brick by brick. All the bricks haven’t been delivered yet. The bricklayers are still learning. Keep the Husker Faith !!!!!! Peace brother

Last edited:

What do you think?

K- Contreraz
P- Aussie

Debated a lot at DE. I could see any of the three - Stille, Robinson, Payne - getting starts at different times in the year.
OLB was the next area I spent time considering. A lot of bodies there and potential and it will be interesting to see how that spot shakes out.

It’s too early. Going to have to see how guys develop in fall camp. There are a lot of great options at all three levels. JoJo is the defensive MVP. Love that kid. Robinson will find his way into the starting rotation, possibly at nose. I love the speed and athleticism that M-C and Green bring to the LB position. And I don’t know how you keep Reimer off the field. He’s a freakin missile and seems to read and dissect an offense better than anyone we had at the position last year. T-B is NFL quality and a lock to start of course. It’ll be interesting to see how healthy Williams is. He could be a beast at safety. Lots of talented youth to step in if the veterans can’t get the job done. This D has the potential to be top 5 in the B1G this season, which would be a nice leap forward.

I would look to having guys, just like on O, that we simply didn't have last year.
I think our safety position this year is more to Chins liking. It should help playing certain teams.
I see the same at LB, packages.

It's Thomas' time, would like to see him step up.

GBR

Either that or they could be really good and finally the new blood starts to turn this thing around. No one knows until we play a game. Our OL in 95 was supposed to take a huge step back and not be very good. We all know how that turned out.

GBR
Your philosophy must what happened yesterday will happen tomorrow. We have had untried place kickers and punters come in and do great just like we have had some do not so great.

What do you think?

K- Contreraz
P- Aussie

DE - Stille, Green
NG - Daniels, Robinson/Riley
DE - Thomas, Wildeman/Robinson/Rogers

OLB - Domann, Cooper/Graham
ILB - Miller, Mauga-Clements/Reimer
ILB - Honas, Henrich
OLB - Tannor, Nelson

CB - Bootle, Taylor-Britt/Newsome
S - Dismuke, Pola-Gates
S - Williams, Farmer
Nickel - Taylor-Britt/Wright
CB - Clark, Taylor-Britt/Newsome

Tough to project some of those with no spring.

I remember when CD arrived in '62, despair was our name. I am not telling you that lightning will strike this year, but I will tell you that we don't know when it will hit again. We have many positives with our football program and our athletic department. I like to see the world through rose colored glasses even though we are standing knee deep in feces. Keep the faith brothers. GBR

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back