• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Press Conferece 3:30

TO has no one in particular in mind for the job but he does know some people in basketball

TO says that the b-ball job has little downside and great upside at NE as opposed to Duke where the upside isn't great but the downside is

TO says that the b-ball job has little downside and great upside at NE as opposed to Duke where the upside isn't great but the downside is

While probably true... easy to have upside when you are bottom of the barrel ... still strange that Osborne would say that. Using the same analogy, wouldn't his football team be the equivalent of Duke hoops -- upside isn't great but the downside is?

While probably true... easy to have upside when you are bottom of the barrel ... still strange that Osborne would say that. Using the same analogy, wouldn't his football team be the equivalent of Duke hoops -- upside isn't great but the downside is?
I thought it was strange as well. His point being(I think) that coaches will want to come here because of the upside

Gotta sell the turd that is NU basketball somehow.

Nice to see TO acknowledge the mistake that certain people have blasted me for criticizing him about.

I thought it was strange as well. His point being(I think) that coaches will want to come here because of the upside

There is definitely upside -- given the facilities will be top 25 nationally. And the Nebraska fan base supports all sports that produce a winning product as good or better than any fan base out there (i.e. women's volleyball, NU baseball, and even NU basketball back in the height of the Nee era).

I'm sure the "upside", new arena, and practice facility will get coaches in the door. It'll take money for a new coach to commit. NU's going to have to outspend Illinois, and probably UCLA. There's likely to be more than just those two that'll spend serious money on their next coach.

I'm sure the "upside", new arena, and practice facility will get coaches in the door. It'll take money for a new coach to commit. NU's going to have to outspend Illinois, and probably UCLA. There's likely to be more than just those two that'll spend serious money on their next coach.

This all may be true, but I just can't see TO spending a lot on a coach.
I think we will need to in order to get a good one, but I could see him going after a mid-major coach or high profile assistant in order to save money

Last edited:

Says he is not one of the smarter guys in the business
but he tried
he is having a tough time talking

This all may be true, but I just can't see TO spending a lot on a coach.
I think we will need to in order to get a good one, but I could see him going after a mid-major coach or high profile assistant in order to save money

I agree. IMO, not the right move, but I'm guessing funds for the next basketball coaching contract may be a little on the light side, with Doc's buyout.

6 years ago when he came here he can to do a job
Now he left the podium and said people in the back were making him cry
He says it is going to be tough
he wanted to be the guy that won the first NCAA game
but it didn't happen
it all comes down to winning he knows that

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back