• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Prayers Needed

We found out that my mom is dealing with a large, baseball-sized tumor in her bladder and the doctor is concerned about cancer. She has a surgery today to remove the mass and they'll be doing a biopsy to determine if it's benign or malignant.

She lives in Omaha. Would appreciate any prayers you'd like to say on her behalf.
Big Red Prays coming your way. Would you share your mother's first name?

Quick update: they've managed to remove most (all?) of the tumor, but the doctor obviously wants to run some tests to confirm. The big win today is that they didn't nick or rupture the bladder, or even have to fully remove it, which was an early concern.

She'll be in recovery for a day or two before going home. We're praying now that the biopsy comes back and says the growth was benign.

But so far, we're up at halftime with a lead. Just need to finish strong.
What hospital in Omaha?. If it’s unmc then she is in good hands. May God be with her as she recovers from surgery. And may God be with all of husker nation. Keep us ALL safe

We found out that my mom is dealing with a large, baseball-sized tumor in her bladder and the doctor is concerned about cancer. She has a surgery today to remove the mass and they'll be doing a biopsy to determine if it's benign or malignant.

She lives in Omaha. Would appreciate any prayers you'd like to say on her behalf.
Prayers

Just seeing this. Prayers for sure my friend.

Prayers to you and your mother Duck. I have family that works at UN Med in Bellevue, and have worked downtown at UNMC. World class doctors and staff, you are in good hands.

---Update---

The biopsy came back and mom has one of the more aggressive cancers. It's gone throughout the bladder but has not breeched beyond the bladder.

Looks like she is headed for a full removal, which means an exterior bladder (bag) that she'll need to carry. She's in her early 60s, so hopefully this procedure will go smoothly and she'll have many more years ahead. Also, because nothing has spread (as best they can tell) she may not need any chemotherapy.

Right now they're working on scheduling the surgery. She'll be in the hospital for about a week, so I also worry about coronavirus since apparently hospitals are breeding grounds right now.

Please continue to pray. You are all appreciated so much.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back