• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Practice changes

With morning practices, and the install for an opponent done by Noon on Wednesday, it doesn't give injured players much chance to get out and practice before the next game.

If Frost wants to do AM practices, I'd push everything back a day, and do the typical Friday walk-through on Sat am.

That way, players have an additional day to recover, and they can maybe catch that last install day.

That is a tough task with 11 AM kickoffs. Are you suggesting it be done at 1 or 2 AM?

You've shown nothing to support your contention yet...and no, the guidelines aren't evidence of anything. Much like the 8 glasses of water wives tale, 8 hours of sleep is a myth supported by a lot of folks who've not bother to prove it.

First off: I never said "8 hours." You did. I said that 99.9% of adults need somewhere between 7-9, depending on the individual.

All of the following lead to the same general conclusion. More sleep is better. 7 hours per night is the recommended minimum. Over 9 hours is probably detrimental to your health.

Here's one general study:

The link between sleep, cognition and aging:

Insufficient sleep and the correlation with type 2 diabetes:

Insufficient sleep reduces the efficacy of influenza vaccination:

Assocation between insufficient sleep and 1-year weight gain:

I've got more if you're interested.

Schedules are custom-made for these athletes. Many times, their major is determined by the athletics department.

We knew a young lady who went to Texas A&M on a full volleyball scholarship and when she got there, they told her that her major would be poultry science, gave to her her books, and that was the end of that.
Texas A&M sounds like a chicken sh-- school to me.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back