• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Practice changes

huskrthill

Leading horses to water since 2009
10 Year Member
My understanding is that the team still practices early in the morning. I know Frost likes to get up early, but could this be an unnecessary challenge for a college kid?

I have never been a morning person. No matter what time I go to bed, I'm dragging ass in the morning. It was even worse when I was college-aged.

Are some of these guys just not able to function well early in the morning? Would they be more able to grasp things at 3pm rather than 6am?

Nobody would suggest late night practices, but why are early morning practices ok?

This may seem silly, but it's something I've been pondering since Frost arrived. It feels like just about everything should be looked at for changes.

It is definitely unusual, how early this team practices... but I think that is part of what Frost wants to build here. He wants guys that love football and love the grind. Plus it keeps them out of the bars and away from parties during the season, etc..

Last edited:

Wonder if Saban checks with the kids in Tuscaloosa to see when they would feel good about getting up to practice?
Fair enough. :Lol:

Actually, he might have learned over the years what is most effective, maybe even through feedback from former players. Any coach who thinks he already knows everything probably won't last long.

Maybe it doesn't matter for most, but if you have enough who are struggling do you keep forcing it, results be damned?

Fair enough. :Lol:

Actually, he might have learned over the years what is most effective, maybe even through feedback from former players. Any coach who thinks he already knows everything probably won't last long.

Maybe it doesn't matter for most, but if you have enough who are struggling do you keep forcing it, results be damned?

Given how badly we play on Sat, I don’t feel like it’s the early practices. We are so fundamentally bad, that if moving practice would help, I’d think SF would make that easy change. Sometimes the obvious answer IS the answer. We are just awful right now. It’s going to take a looooooong time.

I've had a number of bosses that didn't give a crap about when we met. 5 PM Friday afternoon? Too damn bad, we're meeting. Players don't run the team. Just like us, they are here to perform the way they are expected to perform. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying your suggestion is stupid. All I'm saying is in my old school ways, it's not up to the coach to coddle the players like that. The coach sets the standard and the players need to adapt. In my mind, if a player can't play because of the time they practice then they're kind of a prima donna.

Last edited:

Our guys may be just be weak ass pussies?

I am probably going to get a lot less likes here..........but
I just wanted to clarify that I believe our guys ARE weak ass pussies...........OR must be as such.

Sorry. Didn't want to mislead anyone.

My understanding is that the team still practices early in the morning. I know Frost likes to get up early, but could this be an unnecessary challenge for a college kid?

I have never been a morning person. No matter what time I go to bed, I'm dragging ass in the morning. It was even worse when I was college-aged.

Are some of these guys just not able to function well early in the morning? Would they be more able to grasp things at 3pm rather than 6am?

Nobody would suggest late night practices, but why are early morning practices ok?

This may seem silly, but it's something I've been pondering since Frost arrived. It feels like just about everything should be looked at for changes.
I used to be a coach, albeit in a different sport, but it was D1. From my studies,physically athletes are at their best early afternoon. But maybe new studies say otherwise
Practicing early doesn't make you suck at your effort and assignments on Saturdays.

But maybe the "loose" atmosphere (music, etc) and not correcting issues right there on the spot needs to tighten up a bit.
Thi k you might be on to something with the not correcting on the spot.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back