• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Practice changes

morning people will deny this until at least tomorrow morning, but I'd be willing to bet we have lost recruits over early practice times. carry on, pals

My understanding is that the team still practices early in the morning. I know Frost likes to get up early, but could this be an unnecessary challenge for a college kid?

I have never been a morning person. No matter what time I go to bed, I'm dragging ass in the morning. It was even worse when I was college-aged.

Are some of these guys just not able to function well early in the morning? Would they be more able to grasp things at 3pm rather than 6am?

Nobody would suggest late night practices, but why are early morning practices ok?

This may seem silly, but it's something I've been pondering since Frost arrived. It feels like just about everything should be looked at for changes.
Do we know if other teams have morning practices? I don’t see a problem with it. I am all for reviewing ALL aspects of the fb program.It clearly is much more than a talent problem alone.Huge SF fan,but am a much bigger Husker fan.Keep the faith.GBR.

Do we know if other teams have morning practices? I don’t see a problem with it. I am all for reviewing ALL aspects of the fb program.It clearly is much more than a talent problem alone.Huge SF fan,but am a much bigger Husker fan.Keep the faith.GBR.
I don't know what other teams are doing. I also am not crazy enough to think that doing one thing differently will suddenly fix everything. I'm with you in that it makes sense to assess everything we're doing. This may be one of a dozen changes, or it might be nothing at all. I just thought it was a potentially interesting discussion.

There are others that do it, and to the point of other posters, it worked well at UCF. Conversely, Penn State used to do it but scrapped it so their kids could get more sleep.

I don't know what other teams are doing. I also am not crazy enough to think that doing one thing differently will suddenly fix everything. I'm with you in that it makes sense to assess everything we're doing. This may be one of a dozen changes, or it might be nothing at all. I just thought it was a potentially interesting discussion.
It is a fair question. I agree with you in that it should be addressed in the off season. Thanks for the response.Keep the faith.GBR.

It is a fair question. I agree with you in that it should be addressed in the off season. Thanks for the response.Keep the faith.GBR.

Good question. Do they go to bed earlier so they can get a full 8 hours sleep or do they just stay up and do with one or two hours less sleep?
We can monitor their sleep. So as a college kid they are attempting to get them in bed by 8pm or so.

It has some massive benefits that have been laid out to me. Certainly not the reason we are 5-7 this year and 4-8 last year. But there’s some excellent counterpoints to it.

Wonder if Saban checks with the kids in Tuscaloosa to see when they would feel good about getting up to practice?

It works for Iowa. Thy started practicing in the morning before the 2015 season and went 12-2.

Last edited:
We can monitor their sleep. So as a college kid they are attempting to get them in bed by 8pm or so.

It has some massive benefits that have been laid out to me. Certainly not the reason we are 5-7 this year and 4-8 last year. But there’s some excellent counterpoints to it.
I assume this is by curfew. Is that correct? If so, how strictly is it enforced?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back