• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

fall depth chart

So despite the fact that Rhule says Benhart is an NFL player, some still parrot the meme that many on this board continue to bellow.

Benhart will be one of our better linemen this year!
Consistent coaching, offensive schemes that help not hurt the linemen, much better S&C, and much better interior line play will bring out the best in Benhart.

The top 8 or 9 O-Linemen on this roster are extremely experienced and solid. Good health is needed but ... this group can be one of the better lines in the B1G West this year.

I'm not sure how you got me 'parroting' what others have said about Benhart from my post.

Misquoted it maybe?

No offense to you or Rhule or those guys, but Benhart and Corcoran have created and earned that ‘meme’. They were basically hot garbage the past two years+. Whiffing continually, unable to get off the snap and engage their primary responsibility, immobile, stiff, lookout blocks, pushed into the backfield, etc etc..

The fact we havent been able to develop these high 4* guys or recruit anyone over these two and/or keep those new guys healthy was a huge, huge failure. Prochaska and Nouilli were both a level above these two as first year players and we cant keep them on the field for various reasons.

If Benhart and Corcoran are starting tackles again…not a good sign and our season will reflect that. Unfortunately we are apparently again stuck with the personnel we have and it doesn’t project well, IMO.

i could be wrong, and maybe those two guys will show it when they arent hurt or forced to play out of position. These guys were supposed to be the OT’s we hadnt gotten enough of in the past and take us up a level in OL play. Has worked out almost exactly opposite.

Last edited:
Thompson over Sims

giphy.gif

I copied/quoted you because frankly you seem to agree that Benhart will be a good player on this year's line!

Ah. I misunderstood the quote in the context of your post.

I think Benhart will again be out best tackle. That’s good and bad. There is certainly room for improvement and I hope the areas you mention in technique, overall offensive coaching and S&C help him and the rest of the line out.

I’m actually pretty excited about our interior line of Nouili, Scott and Piper. I’m not as excited when we get beyond our starting five, but agree we’re returning some experience there.

Even a moderate improvement in line play puts more ‘W’s’ up this fall. I don’t think it’s too much to ask.

No offense to you or Rhule or those guys, but Benhart and Corcoran have created and earned that ‘meme’. They were basically hot garbage the past two years+. Whiffing continually, unable to get off the snap and engage their primary responsibility, immobile, stiff, lookout blocks, pushed into the backfield, etc etc..

The fact we havent been able to develop these high 4* guys or recruit anyone over these two and/or keep those new guys healthy was a huge, huge failure. Prochaska and Nouilli were both a level above these two as first year players and we cant keep them on the field for various reasons.

If Benhart and Corcoran are starting tackles again…not a good sign and our season will reflect that. Unfortunately we are apparently again stuck with the personnel we have and it doesn’t project well, IMO.

i could be wrong, and maybe those two guys will show it when they arent hurt or forced to play out of position. These guys were supposed to be the OT’s we hadnt gotten enough of in the past and take us up a level in OL play. Has worked out almost exactly opposite.

In my opinion, Corcoran should be moved to guard.

In my opinion, Corcoran should be moved to guard.
I echo that thought and perhaps it’s been looked at some but without Prochazka for spring he stayed outside for red/white. I’m not a fan of a 6’ 9” guards so benhart has to stay outside in my view.
Ultimately health decides where turner lines up I would think… so probably LT:(

Ah. I misunderstood the quote in the context of your post.

I think Benhart will again be out best tackle. That’s good and bad. There is certainly room for improvement and I hope the areas you mention in technique, overall offensive coaching and S&C help him and the rest of the line out.

I’m actually pretty excited about our interior line of Nouili, Scott and Piper. I’m not as excited when we get beyond our starting five, but agree we’re returning some experience there.

Even a moderate improvement in line play puts more ‘W’s’ up this fall. I don’t think it’s too much to ask.
I think having Scott instead of Hixson at center will likely make the line much better than it was last year. Hixson was not good. As mediocre as I think Benhart was last year, I think Hixson was the real weak link in the offensive line. Scott may not be a great player, but based on what I saw in the spring game he is light years ahead of where Hixson was.

I think having Scott instead of Hixson at center will likely make the line much better than it was last year. Hixson was not good. As mediocre as I think Benhart was last year, I think Hixson was the real weak link in the offensive line. Scott may not be a great player, but based on what I saw in the spring game he is light years ahead of where Hixson was.

Hixson is the first center I've seen in a long time at this level that needed guard help on the regular. That alone will change some things.

I'll say this again about Benhart, he was out highest graded tackle. Nearly double the grade Corcoran earned. If he improves a little, he'll be middle of the pack in the B1G.

Hixson is the first center I've seen in a long time at this level that needed guard help on the regular. That alone will change some things.

I'll say this again about Benhart, he was out highest graded tackle. Nearly double the grade Corcoran earned. If he improves a little, he'll be middle of the pack in the B1G.
Hixon required more help than any other linemen on the team. He could not handle any pressure one-on-one when someone was nose to nose with him. His inability to handle pressure often left tackles alone on an island.

Losing Jurgens the year prior devastated this group.

Hixon required more help than any other linemen on the team. He could not handle any pressure one-on-one when someone was nose to nose with him. His inability to handle pressure often left tackles alone on an island.

Losing Jurgens the year prior devastated this group.

Having Jurgens at center last year would have meant a bowl game if Whipple would have just run the ball a little more.

Benhart at guard? I guess that is better than having him at tackle, where he whiffs far too often. Looking at this chart makes me realize how painfully thin we are at offensive line. There isn't much depth there and certainly not quality depth.

If Betts is a starter that would be an amazing comeback, IMO. I don't see it happening.

I liked what I saw in Fleeks in the spring game. I wouldn't be surprised to see him getting a lot of snaps.
I think in the end, Corcoran will be at guard and Benhart remains at tackle. If you thought Benhart was bad last year, Corcoran was twice as inept at that position. Dude was at the bottom of the barrell nationally from a grade perspective. And when I say bottom of the barrell, I mean one of the ten worst nationally.Corcoran is more suited to play guard, which was something we discussed when he committed. Always felt he'd eventually end up inside.

I think in the end, Corcoran will be at guard and Benhart remains at tackle. If you thought Benhart was bad last year, Corcoran was twice as inept at that position. Dude was at the bottom of the barrell nationally from a grade perspective. And when I say bottom of the barrell, I mean one of the ten worst nationally.Corcoran is more suited to play guard, which was something we discussed when he committed. Always felt he'd eventually end up inside.

Provided that’s the case, does turner beat out Ethan? Henry? I am assuming those two would be his competition as nouredin seems to be above the rest of them? Also didn’t Cochran along with piper work at center in the spring? Who is number 2 there? I’d guess piper at the moment.

Provided that’s the case, does turner beat out Ethan? Henry? I am assuming those two would be his competition as nouredin seems to be above the rest of them? Also didn’t Cochran along with piper work at center in the spring? Who is number 2 there? I’d guess piper at the moment.
From what I read, Nouredin struggled this spring, so I wouldn't lock him in just yet. I think Piper will start out as your swing G/C.

They played everyone at every position to see for themselves where guys truly fit. But you won't see Corcoran or Benhart at center. Piper will be the #2 Center.

From what I read, Nouredin struggled this spring, so I wouldn't lock him in just yet. I think Piper will start out as your swing G/C.

They played everyone at every position to see for themselves where guys truly fit. But you won't see Corcoran or Benhart at center. Piper will be the #2 Center.
Nouredin is concerning because having to be off the juice might have sapped him of something. It also might be having been off of game-like action for a year. Hope he’s back to his 2022 level.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back