• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

fall depth chart

70county

Scout Team
20 Year Member
Officially unofficial… how do you see it?

I grabbed this from ourlads.com. Thought it be better than me typing it out for discussion. Most the names In one place.

EDIT: I’ll edit the board with departures

����������������������
X16Washington, Marcus SR/TR00Coleman, Malachi FR84Bullock, alex SO36Thompson, Taveon RS SO
WR-Z82Garcia-Castaneda, Isaiah RS JR/TR17Hahn, TY SO41Brown, Elliott RS SO80Turner, Brice FR
WR-SL1Kemp IV, Billy RS SR/TR18Fleeks, Joshua SR/TR85
Doss, Jaidyn FR
Lloyd, Jaylen FR
LT65Prochazka, Teddy RS SO69
Corcoran, Turner JR
71Hood, Jacob RS FR/TR
LG63Nouili, Nouredin SR/TR57Piper, Ethan RS JR
OC62Scott, Ben RS JR/TR57Piper, Ethan RS JR51Justin Evans-Jenkins
RG
59Lutovsky, Henry RS SO
RT54Benhart, Bryce RS JR69Corcoran, Turner jrTyler Knaak
TE24Fidone II, Thomas RS SO49Boerkircher, Nate RS SO89Gilbert, Arik RS JR/TR2
Bonner, Janiran RS FR
QB7Sims, Jeff JR/TR10
Haarberg, Heinrich RS SO
6Purdy, Chubba
RB10Grant, Anthony RS SR/TR22Ervin Jr., Gabe RS SO14Johnson, Rahmir RS JRJohnson, Emmett
FB12Bonner, Janiran RS FR45Klover, Braden RS SO40Ruth, Trevor RS FR/TR37Liebentritt, Barret SO/TR
DEF
DE97Gunnerson, Blaise RS SO91Leonard Cameron FR55
Umanmielen, Princewill FR
Wallin, Kai
NT72Hutmacher, Nash JR88Buckley, Ru'Quan RS SO
DT99Robinson, Ty RS JR16Jeudy, Elijah RS SO/TR
JACK48Sherman, MJ SR/TR14Borders, Chief RS SO/TR10
Butler, Jimari RS JR
Noonan, Maverick FR
MIKE4Reimer, Luke SR35Bullock, John RS JR56
Tagge, Grant JR
54Gbayor, Mikai
WILL42Henrich, Nick RS JR41
Snodgrass, Garrett JR
Fields, Eric FR
Stenger, Gage
LCB15Newsome, Quinton SR31Hill, Tommi JR/TR
S24Buford Jr., Marques JR12Brown, Omar SR/TR37Sanford, Phalen RS SR/TR
S34Collier, Corey RS SO/TR29Singleton, DeShon JR/TR22Hausmann, Ashton RS SO
RCB13Hartzog, Malcolm SO29Singleton, DeShon JR/TR
NB2Gifford, Isaac JR33Wright, Javin RS JR36Fields, Eric

Last edited:

Hard to see betts over castenada, just based on experience alone. But maybe the kid has shown that much…. Im surely hoping your right

Just my thinking but if both Sims and Thompson were out I could see Purdy as the long term back up.
HH is a great athlete and I believe they will use him in that type of role but his passing is just not up to par. I know Purdy hasn't shown out but just my eyes and guessing that he would be long term 3rd QB

Just my thinking but if both Sims and Thompson were out I could see Purdy as the long term back up.
HH is a great athlete and I believe they will use him in that type of role but his passing is just not up to par. I know Purdy hasn't shown out but just my eyes and guessing that he would be long term 3rd QB
Doubtful IMO. Especially if they’re chasing after Dylan Raiola or someone like that for next season and beyond. If injuries cost us both Sims and CT then this season is in a world of hurt.

Maybe if something happens they’ll reconfigure the depth chart but if they’re intent on having HH running some designed sets then he will need to be taking 3rd string snaps to remain ready.

Hard to see betts over castenada, just based on experience alone. But maybe the kid has shown that much…. Im surely hoping your right

Not really my list, see post #8. I thought a depth chart would be a good discussion. Didn’t figure it would need to be mine so did the easy thing grabbed an editable one.

Agreed on IGC, he would be in my 3rd starter. Betts has yet to prove to me that he can do anything other than run fast. That is, however very desirable to this staff and could easily see him getting lots of work designed for him. Prove to me you can be an every down player. Coleman will be very interesting to see as well in the rotation.

Last edited:
Officially unofficial… how do you see it?

I grabbed this from ourlads.com. Thought it be better than me typing it out for discussion. Most the names In one place.

����������������������
Benhart at guard? I guess that is better than having him at tackle, where he whiffs far too often. Looking at this chart makes me realize how painfully thin we are at offensive line. There isn't much depth there and certainly not quality depth.

If Betts is a starter that would be an amazing comeback, IMO. I don't see it happening.

I liked what I saw in Fleeks in the spring game. I wouldn't be surprised to see him getting a lot of snaps.

Benhart at guard? I guess that is better than having him at tackle, where he whiffs far too often. Looking at this chart makes me realize how painfully thin we are at offensive line. There isn't much depth there and certainly not quality depth.

If Betts is a starter that would be an amazing comeback, IMO. I don't see it happening.

I liked what I saw in Fleeks in the spring game. I wouldn't be surprised to see him getting a lot of snaps.
Agreed. I still grit my teeth at the number of times I saw him pushing air last year.

Agreed. I still grit my teeth at the number of times I saw him pushing air last year.

I get it, but he was our highest graded tackle in '22 and he doesn't move well enough to pull at guard. Work with him some more. See if the new S&C can create better lateral movement and with Rhule and Satterfield creating more run blocking scenarios that benefit our line, he's better off at tackle, IMAO.

The one I didn't agree with was Corcoran at RT. I know he played a lot at LT in the Spring game, but that was by necessity. He's either a backup guard/tackle or he's improving massively by Fall ball.

I get it, but he was our highest graded tackle in '22 and he doesn't move well enough to pull at guard. Work with him some more. See if the new S&C can create better lateral movement and with Rhule and Satterfield creating more run blocking scenarios that benefit our line, he's better off at tackle, IMAO.

The one I didn't agree with was Corcoran at RT. I know he played a lot at LT in the Spring game, but that was by necessity. He's either a backup guard/tackle or he's improving massively by Fall ball.
So despite the fact that Rhule says Benhart is an NFL player, some still parrot the meme that many on this board continue to bellow.

Benhart will be one of our better linemen this year!
Consistent coaching, offensive schemes that help not hurt the linemen, much better S&C, and much better interior line play will bring out the best in Benhart.

The top 8 or 9 O-Linemen on this roster are extremely experienced and solid. Good health is needed but ... this group can be one of the better lines in the B1G West this year.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back