• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Post #42 in Today's Practice Thread

SunsetRed

hehe...
2 Year Member
Callahan reporting there's been contact from ASU for Mickey.

Was thinking earlier that all these new recruits talk like Mickey's gonna be here. So now, I wonder if he leaves, will they follow?

No one is going to want Mickey for a head coach anywhere next year…is about the silliest thing I’ve heard. There are plenty of FBS schools and even more FCS schools that would hire Mickey as their head coach next year. They may not have an opening after this year but they’re looking at him and watching his press conferences and how he recruits every day.

Last edited:

No one is going to want Mickeys for a head coach anywhere next year…is about the silliest thing I’ve heard. There are plenty of FBS schools and even more FCS schools that would hire Mickey as their head coach next year. They may not have an opening after this year but they’re looking at him and watching his press conferences and how he recruits every day.
I will surprised if others are surprised...... seriously.
If I'm a parent of a young man who is going to be influenced by a Coach at Nebraska, I would be relieved to have my kid coached by Mickey.
As a former not good athlete in college, I had to rely on student side of the student:athlete equation.
But the once previous athletic side of me would have thrived in practices under a coach like Mickey.
I don't think his accountability is for the camera and I will continue to follow him throughout his career wherever his professional career takes him.
Once a husker, always a Husker..... except I'm still silently resolving some mental baggage over our last head coach.
I'm growing.

No one is going to want Mickeys for a head coach anywhere next year…is about the silliest thing I’ve heard. There are plenty of FBS schools and even more FCS schools that would hire Mickey as their head coach next year. They may not have an opening after this year but they’re looking at him and watching his press conferences and how he recruits every day.
MJ will get to be a head coach sooner than later.
He‘s a great recruiter and he has a lot going for him.

We‘ve talked on this board about him putting together an all-star coaching including his brother Vance (AZ Cardinals DC). If he could do this, without his brother having to move, return his wife to her home state … a lot going for him.

This interim role will speak more positively than negatively about MJ.

Interesting that ASU’s leading candidate is an OC so that their bar is a lot lower than NUs.

MJ will get to be a head coach sooner than later.
He‘s a great recruiter and he has a lot going for him.

We‘ve talked on this board about him putting together an all-star coaching including his brother Vance (AZ Cardinals DC). If he could do this, without his brother having to move, return his wife to her home state … a lot going for him.

This interim role will speak more positively than negatively about MJ.

Interesting that ASU’s leading candidate is an OC so that their bar is a lot lower than NUs.
I agree and brought this up when there was a big noise about how no one will want him next year.

Probably not. If he has emerged, it’s because he is a high energy coach that with the right coaching staff and a solid group of players, has a good chance of succeeding.
He’s not dumb he knows there is a difference between the NU and ASU but there is no reason we should expect him not to take ASU, if offered. I would love to watch him every fall and kind of pulling for it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back