• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Post #42 in Today's Practice Thread

H

Position Coach yes

Headcoach not so far.
The only Coaches we have hired with Head Coaching Experience in last 50 yrs have all failed Miserably.Bill Callahan,Mike Riley,Scott Frost all failures. Tom Osborne,Frank Solich,Bo Pelini all had no prior Head coaching Experience unless you count LincolnSE for Frank.

The only Coaches we have hired with Head Coaching Experience in last 50 yrs have all failed Miserably.Bill Callahan,Mike Riley,Scott Frost all failures. Tom Osborne,Frank Solich,Bo Pelini all had no prior Head coaching Experience unless you count LincolnSE for Frank.
Frank also coached the freshman team, I believe.

If Mickey is offered any Power 5 job I believe he takes it chances don’t come around that often he’s at the right age and time in his career.
The comment said they were in contact. Not he has been offered. So this could be his agent saying. "Hey ASU AD we are interested here is MJs resume. " ASU AD "ok thanks we will take a look." Then agent leaks. "We are in contact" whi h os technically true. Then the agent goes to TA. Hey you better act or at least up my giys pay.

The ASU AD would take MJ in a second. They are similar and the biggest complaint from AZ is that all the local kids leave the state and MJ will lock them down. You could build a heck of a team with just kids from AZ.
MJ doesn’t leave things unfinished very often which is why he doesn’t leave for the next big thing, That said, he may realize that he is not leaving anything unfinished here. He gave it his all and everyone agreed to move on. I wonder what his thoughts are about leaving things unfinished at NU. It isn’t the final product he wants to see at NU and he knows he can help build it back in whatever capacity.
Recruiting can be regional. MJ pitch works well in the south and Mid west. Does not mean it will work for AZ and Cali kids. Not all 18 yr olds want the same thing.

The comment said they were in contact. Not he has been offered. So this could be his agent saying. "Hey ASU AD we are interested here is MJs resume. " ASU AD "ok thanks we will take a look." Then agent leaks. "We are in contact" whi h os technically true. Then the agent goes to TA. Hey you better act or at least up my giys pay.
I have heard too that it’s not serious but it would be a great hire for them.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back