• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Possible NCAA Violations:

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at the most recent NCAA investigations into any form of misconduct, SF will likely get a raise and they will add four wins to his total.
Well SF did not get fired after 3 years, and yes it has been 3 years. So maybe it is okay to evaluate his 4th year when finished and fire him if needed.

C
I am all for that. But it seems like everyone on here wants to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Mitch Sherman article from The Athletic

Good article from Sherman. I found this quote funny:

"What Alberts saw Wednesday from Frost spoke more than the coach offered with his words. His demeanor, as an observer noted, was reminiscent of a teenager pulled by his father to a neighbor’s porch after getting busted for toilet-papering the house on the previous night."
His demeanor is always like that. Maybe Sherman should stick with the facts.

Point is -- every Big Ten team had to deal with the same Covid protocols. There is no way Nebraska was at some sort of disadvantage compared to the others. Our record is who we were.

Regardless, I don't care about last season as much as I care about this season. But I will be far from alone if Frost and team have another losing season in 2021 and thinks it would be time to move on without him. Yes, I'm sure some will claim "lets ignore 2020 when determining that." If someone wishes to spin it as he's only had three seasons (2018, 2019, 2021), okay -- I probably can't change his or her mind. But I'll guarantee you bringing him back in 2022 if he loses in 2021 will be far more ugly than anything you've seen to this point. Now again, this discussion can become unnecessary if we win this season. He's here for 2021 and I've never waivered on my belief that he should be. That's what matters now.
I understand every team dealt with it. But we don't really know how it affected each team individually. That's all I am saying. Agree on the bottom paragraph, it will be ugly if we lose, let's hope it's moot.

If SF was on the practice field and saw an 'analyst' on the same field, then it's on him. If he knew that team was lifting at an off campus site for more hours than was allowed, then it's on him.
There's nothing preventing coaches and analysts from being on the field at the same time. This is where the rules get ambiguous. The rule is that analysts can't coach/instruct players on the playing field / practice field. But an analyst CAN "encourage" players on the field. So I don't know how the video can show them coaching vs. encouraging, unless there's clear audio (or good lip reading).

There's nothing preventing coaches and analysts from being on the field at the same time. This is where the rules get ambiguous. The rule is that analysts can't coach/instruct players on the playing field / practice field. But an analyst CAN "encourage" players on the field. So I don't know how the video can show them coaching vs. encouraging, unless there's clear audio (or good lip reading).
Are you sure about this?

Seriously?

Every team with any $ has analysts at basically every position. Young coaches, old coaches, recent grads, former GA’s, future GA’s…they do the basic film breakdowns, scouting reports, Starbucks run, set up the drills, etc..

10 guys working 24/7/365 can’t do everything themselves.
In the pro sports. Not many in the college scene, at least until recent years.

Last edited:
I don't buy that at all either. If you're still trying to put out a dumpster fire in year three, that's on you not whom was before you. It's one of a long list of excuses some Husker fans have devised that I would have never imagined seeing.

Why are we so soft now? There seems to be an excuse for each of Frost's three losing seasons instead of just poor play.

Lame to quote myself, I know ... but to continue this thought ...

There are some fans that have made excuses for the past three years but they are done now and this is the win or go home year for Frost. I'm on the same page with that group -- even if we got there from different paths.

But there's a large percentage of fans who used the excuses for the first three years that still want to save them to use again just in case Frost loses again in 2021. That's what I find truly mind-boggling -- and it's absolutely true.

Last edited:
Point is -- every Big Ten team had to deal with the same Covid protocols. There is no way Nebraska was at some sort of disadvantage compared to the others. Our record is who we were.

Regardless, I don't care about last season as much as I care about this season. But I will be far from alone if Frost and team have another losing season in 2021 and thinks it would be time to move on without him. Yes, I'm sure some will claim "lets ignore 2020 when determining that." If someone wishes to spin it as he's only had three seasons (2018, 2019, 2021), okay -- I probably can't change his or her mind. But I'll guarantee you bringing him back in 2022 if he loses in 2021 will be far more ugly than anything you've seen to this point. Now again, this discussion can become unnecessary if we win this season. He's here for 2021 and I've never waivered on my belief that he should be. That's what matters now.
It's a defining year, for sure.

I've never got the sense that Trev has some sort of loyalty to SF just because he is an ex-Husker. Does anyone beside me think he is wondering what kind of crap show he walked into and what his coach just put him in the middle of? I can't imagine he is very happy with his head coach right now. I know there are those that claim that know him and claim he will have patience but at least on the surface he comes across as a no nonsense by the book kinda guy that puts great value on core values and the foundation that was built for years and what it took for great leaders to make it successful. I'm not sure he looks at his coach and see's these qualities. It's important to remember, that even though SF led Nebraska to a NC he wasn't necessarily loved by his fellow players. I know Matt Davidson is a true friend but who else? I could be way off base here but I don't think I am. What is Oz thinking”It's important to remember, that even though SF led Nebraska to a NC he wasn't necessarily loved by his fellow players.
Apparently, judging from the number of players leaving the program in the last couple of years, some still don’t like him. Something is amiss in that regard.

Lame to quote myself, I know ... but to continue this thought ...

There are some fans that have made excuses for the past three years but they are done now and this is the win or go home year for Frost. I'm on the same page with that group -- even if we got there from different paths.

But there's a large percentage of fans who used the excuses for the first three years that still want to save them to use again just in case Frost loses again in 2021. That's what I find truly mind-boggling -- and it's absolutely true.
The story is the schedule is so tough.
It's only tough because we make it tough with our pathetic play.

Really, if Scott merely fixes turnovers, field position and special teams this year, with the talent on hand, we are no worse than 8-5

As Trev says, fix the little things

I don't buy that at all either. If you're still trying to put out a dumpster fire in year three, that's on you not whom was before you. It's one of a long list of excuses some Husker fans have devised that I would have never imagined seeing.

Why are we so soft now? There seems to be an excuse for each of Frost's three losing seasons instead of just poor play.
Ugh!

If a person has already moved on from a coach and want to punish him because it’s still a dumpster fire after year two, you look at the situation from a different perspective then someone like me. If that’s how you view it. go ahead and fire him. Show him how mad you are. More power to you.

But if you instead are looking to fix the problem, you look at things from a different perspective. You accept that things aren’t where you want them at the end of year two, but you support the staff to try and turn it around. If you are a person hoping to see the coach turn things around, you can recognize how the limitations brought about by Covid were not ideal and probably prevented the program from having the kind of development it would have had in a normal year. Notice that this thought process presumes you haven’t written off the staff as failures yet. You instead assume they have it in them to succeed and give them the benefit of the doubt that Covid limited their success. This may in fact not be true, but remember, this perspective is based on the idea you want this staff to succeed rather than just trying to find reasons to fire them because your mad.

With regard to your last point, I don’t know if the team is soft now. They haven’t taken the field yet this season.

If you are asking why some fans are soft on Frost and not jumping on the firing bandwagon fast enough for you, it’s because some people learn from history and want to help the staff succeed.

Apparently, judging from the number of players leaving the program in the last couple of years, some still don’t like him. Something is amiss in that regard.
Terrible analogy.
The story is the schedule is so tough.
It's only tough because we make it tough with our pathetic play.

Really, if Scott merely fixes turnovers, field position and special teams this year, with the talent on hand, we are no worse than 8-5

As Trev says, fix the little things
No matter how hard we try, we cannot go 8-5, as we only play 12 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back