• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Possible B1G Divisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

There will always be a crossover if UM and OSU are in different divisions.

That's true, and with the move to 14 and then 16 teams, the only way to insure OSU and UM play may be to put them in the same division.

Scarlet
Nebraska
Wisconsin
Notre Dame
Iowa
NW
Minnesota
Illinois
Purdue

Cream
Ohio St
Michigan
Penn St
Mich St
Virginia
Rutgers
Maryland
Indiana

Last edited:
Scarlet
Nebraska
Wisconsin
Notre Dame
Iowa
NW
Minnesota
Illinois
Purdue

Cream
Ohio St
Michigan
Penn St
Mich St
Virginia
Rutgers
Maryland
Indiana

Call me old fashioned, but when I see those eight-team lineups, I see two conferences, not two divisions within the same conference. There will only be 1 or 2 games against the other division. Then it's like the two conference winners are burdened by having to play a play-in game (i.e., the CCG) to get into the upcoming 4-team playoffs. Why do that to yourselves? Why not keep your conference at 8-10-12 teams? (I know, I know .... money -- but from a competitive standpoint, you are really handicapping your original ten Big Ten teams and/or the current 12 Big Ten teams).

Call me old fashioned, but when I see those eight-team lineups, I see two conferences, not two divisions within the same conference. There will only be 1 or 2 games against the other division. Then it's like the two conference winners are burdened by having to play a play-in game (i.e., the CCG) to get into the upcoming 4-team playoffs. Why do that to yourselves? Why not keep your conference at 8-10-12 teams? (I know, I know .... money -- but from a competitive standpoint, you are really handicapping your original ten Big Ten teams and/or the current 12 Big Ten teams).

Since I see the move to four 16 team conferences, everybody will be doing it.

Since I see the move to four 16 team conferences, everybody will be doing it.

No doubt. Doesn't mean I have to like it! ;) Us older guys at least will have memories of the 8 and 10 team conferences that had real history and traditions. Whe I played, it was the Pac 8 and was a true west coast conference -- way out far away from the rest of the big leagues. Every one of our seven opponents had a long history with us and we knew them all well and supported each other when not opposing each other. It made it really special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back