• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Pop ups are back

The best advice I am getting from ad ops and Google is close the browser, clean out your history and reopen the browser.

I have been assured that Google is working on finding the offending party.

For me, it's one ad in particular. There's an XFinity ad (which for me appears in Spanish for some unknown reason) that's mostly white space with a black border that says "scroll to continue." It blocks a very large portion of the screen and prevents posting for several seconds.

It only appears when I'm in the Forums. I don't even recall seeing it in the WBB forum, just the Husker Football forum.

I've already cleaned out my cookies and everything else in Chrome. I'll try seeing whether this ad appears if I'm using Edge and Firefox and let you know.

I don't mind the ads on the bottom of the screen because they all have an "X" allowing users to close them. The XFinity ad doesn't.

As a 10+ year paying member I love this website. Having said that it’s a shame there are SCUMBAG advertisers that employe these parasitic ad programs that disrupt our ability to make enjoyable posts. There are many much larger websites that obviously prevent ads from overwhelming their websites! Many of these websites are FREE as opposed to pay per view/use like HuskerMax. I honestly don’t mind paying but eventually I’m not going to pay for a website I can hardly use..... It simply needs to get fixed very soon especially with the new season at hand.
Our tech support is in direct contact with Google and they are apologizing for not being able to fix it. I have shared this post with them. I am just as frustrated as you are.

For me, it's one ad in particular. There's an XFinity ad (which for me appears in Spanish for some unknown reason) that's mostly white space with a black border that says "scroll to continue." It blocks a very large portion of the screen and prevents posting for several seconds.

It only appears when I'm in the Forums. I don't even recall seeing it in the WBB forum, just the Husker Football forum.

I've already cleaned out my cookies and everything else in Chrome. I'll try seeing whether this ad appears if I'm using Edge and Firefox and let you know.

I don't mind the ads on the bottom of the screen because they all have an "X" allowing users to close them. The XFinity ad doesn't.
Described it to a T. I use both Edge and Chrome, doesn't matter.

tech-support-vanilla-sky.gif

Using my S22 and Chrome the ads make it difficult to navigate. The 'x' to close is often behind the ad link :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230911-205739.png
    576.9 KB · Views: 40
Posting and viewing this site was pretty decent for several weeks and now it’s all trending down again! Some parasite ad(s) are at it again and it’s getting very difficult to view posts let alone post yourself. Is there any reason why HuskerMax site is constantly bombarded with these type of issues? I’m sure it’s maddening for BigRedMax but there has to be a common problem as often as it happens.

Posting have once again become unbearably slow! Like trying to type under water! A month ago this site was working fine and has slowly degraded back to extremely frustrating trying to type! I use Safari and this is the only site that acts like this.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back