• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Pop up ads

Huskernsooner71

Red Shirt
15 Year Member
I am sure this isn't the first thread on these but I am getting dominated by pop up ads from Cyclops Marvel anytime I am on the forums on an Apple device. Anyone else experiencing this? Is this something we did to make more revenue because it is definitely killing the experience when it pops up every 30 seconds and the back button takes me all the way to the front page.

Long time lurker, created an account to post. I use an app called Adguard on my iphone and ipad. I never get any pop ups on this site. Hope that helps.

Good call. For anybody with pop-up problems on their PC, I use Adblock Plus and Avast Anti-Virus free edition. Between the two, all my pop-ups get blocked. I also block Adobe Flash Player so that I have to allow each Flash video if I want to watch it. It keeps my browser from auto-playing ads.

Happens all the time on my iPhone but never on my iPad. I don't visit the site on my iPhone anymore. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind them if you could actually "x" out if them. Anywhere you click you're up the crick.

Does anyone get the "virus alert" when logging in from your phone? It says to click here to get rid of it, which I don't. I end up powering off my phone. It's only with this site.

Does anyone get the "virus alert" when logging in from your phone? It says to click here to get rid of it, which I don't. I end up powering off my phone. It's only with this site.

If it's on an iPhone,
I think this what you're seeing is JavaScript firing a popup warning you about getting a virus. It's not actually a virus. Just another of those annoying popups. Did it tell you to call a number? If so no doubt a scam to get you to pay them.

It is really getting rather disconcerning with what we may be getting exposed to because of these adds and popups.

Sounds like that was a good way to get out of it

Last edited:
If it's on an iPhone,
I think this what you're seeing is JavaScript firing a popup warning you about getting a virus. It's not actually a virus. Just another of those annoying popups. Did it tell you to call a number? If so no doubt a scam to get you to pay them.

It is really getting rather disconcerning with what we may be getting exposed to because of these adds and popups.

If it's on an iPhone,

Sounds like that was a good way to get out of it

I have a Samsung. It hasn't done it for a week or so now. But for a while it was almost all of the time. Ramsomware?

I have a Samsung. It hasn't done it for a week or so now. But for a while it was almost all of the time. Ramsomware?

If it's ransomware you wouldn't be able to leave the site. As you would actually have malware installed preventing you from doing anything on your device. This(on iPhone) is just a popup window that has a message on it trying to make you think you do have ransomware and to call the bad guys. Simply close down your browser.

If it's ransomware you wouldn't be able to leave the site. As you would actually have malware installed preventing you from doing anything on your device. This(on iPhone) is just a popup window that has a message on it trying to make you think you do have ransomware and to call the bad guys. Simply close down your browser.

Thanks man

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back