• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Playing THE Ohio State a second time

Play it. 100%. You take any game you can get.

Not only is ducking it cowardly, you give up the high ground, and the media can roast Nebraska... and be correct (for the first time this year). I’d be more embarrassed than I was after the Illinois game.

The media already roasted Nebraska for trying to play. They are going to roast Nebraska no matter what. This year has proved that beyond any doubt.

I don't like it and it will not benefit Nebraska in anyway to play the game. However, I think we have to play the game or be remembered for our early season whining and late season hypocracy and cowardice forever more.

After the 1st OSU game some people thought Ryan Day ran up the score. Can you imagine what it could look like with a playoff birth on the line? Keeping with that line of thinking, would anyone expect the B1G refs to give us the benefit of the doubt on any calls? I don't know if the potential risk to the team psyche and recruiting fallout would be worth it just to play an extra game. JMO

Last edited:
Of course we should play, but I think they'll shuffle some games around so that we play Rutgers instead.

Why are we afraid to play a game? I'm not saying we'd win at all. But through 30 minutes in that game, we went toe to toe with them. Our knack for implosion at the beginning of the 2nd half made the score look worse than it was.

Every chance you get to play against the best (we are certainly not doing that in practice), you benefit from the competition.

Last edited:
Yes. But this time they’d be right.

They are going to roast Nebraska if they play and get blown out. they are going to roast Nebraska no matter what. Forget about looking for their approval and think about what is best for this team. They have already proven they are not in the same league as OSU. Getting crushed by them again serves no purpose.

Why are we afraid to play a game? I'm not saying we'd win at all. But through 30 minutes in that game, we went toe to toe with them. Our knack for implosion at the beginning of the 2nd half made the score look worse than it was.

Every chance you get to play against the best (we are certainly not doing that in practice), you benefit from the competition.
It's always nice to get hit on, but not always wise to take that person up on a date. Especially if you suspect you could end up buried beneath their basement :Biggrin:

Don't play the game. Let the suits change the rules so tOSU plays 1 more game then file a lawsuit for damages because a non-conference game wasn't approved for Halloween. Rules for all, not rules to benefit tOSU and the conference for $$$ in the BCS.

It's always nice to get hit on, but not always wise to take that person up on a date. Especially if you suspect you could end up buried beneath their basement :Biggrin:
Lots of folks with PTSD on this board.

Maybe I'm just numb to it now and I'm a glutton for punishment.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back