• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Penn State Week Practice: Thursday Zoom Presser With Coach Frost

I hope the players do not think like you do. If all they worry about is what the world thinks then we have no hope of winning. What will build this team is them worrying about what they think of each other.
I just want Nebraska to be great. They need the best players they can get. They need to develop all the players they get to their maximum potential. The coaches need to put the pieces they have in the best position to succeed. And the players need to give their all. I’ll always support the guys that are trying to accomplish this.

It’s bizarre to me that you would project my comments about recruiting onto player preparation for the game. Of course it matters what the national media narrative is, but not for game preparation. It’s very satisfying when the team‘s performance on the field force them to acknowledge Nebraska is great. That hasn’t happened in a long time, and I don’t think there is an outcome from this weekend that can change this.

I just want Nebraska to be great. They need the best players they can get. They need to develop all the players they get to their maximum potential. The coaches need to put the pieces they have in the best position to succeed. And the players need to give their all. I’ll always support the guys that are trying to accomplish this.

It’s bizarre to me that you would project my comments about recruiting onto player preparation for the game. Of course it matters what the national media narrative is, but not for game preparation. It’s very satisfying when the team‘s performance on the field force them to acknowledge Nebraska is great. That hasn’t happened in a long time, and I don’t think there is an outcome from this weekend that can change this.
it doesn't. TO was the coach that could not win bowl games. We were bowl impaired. His offense was behind the times. He could never beat a FL team with it. TO just kept working. Just kept getting better. Recruits came because they admired the coach. They admires the man. Parents knew he cared about their kids.

it doesn't. TO was the coach that could not win bowl games. We were bowl impaired. His offense was behind the times. He could never beat a FL team with it. TO just kept working. Just kept getting better. Recruits came because they admired the coach. They admires the man. Parents knew he cared about their kids.

100%

You’re right about that, and some people have rewritten the past a bit to cast Tom as a win-at-all costs guy who enabled thugs, when the reality is that he was being a kind-hearted person trying to give a guy a chance to escape his past. That team didn’t need LP. But LP needed that team.

But the majority opinion of the national media finally had to succumb. Many still consider Osborne‘s best team as the best ever in the history of college football.

Whether we like it or not, people will be more likely to become donors, players will listen to the recruiting pitch more closely, and quality assistant coaches will be more likely to accept jobs at Nebraska if Nebraska is perceived as a high quality program.

I think we have common ground here on agreeing that we’ll support the Huskers regardless of what the pundits are saying, and that winning cures all ills. If this team went on a 3 game winning streak, a lot of problems would evaporate. I’m still shaking my head at how this team found a way to lose another winnable game. It’s maddening. I want to see a moment like Back to the Future where the team collectively says, “Get your damn hands off her Biff!” and punches the opponent in the jaw. They need a seminal moment to change the course of their future.

Last edited:

There’s nothing wrong with what you’re saying. But kids will value their own view of the coaches and the program over what the national media has to say. Despite our record, we’re still pulling in quality recruits. That does have a shelf life though. We need to get some wins more than we need to impress the talking heads.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back