• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Pelini out interviewing candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help but speculate that if Marvin is passed over, it wasn't Bo who did the passing.

Bingo, IMO. Only speculating, but rehiring MS wouldn't have been a PR problem so much as an HR problem. Also possible he doesn't want to return.

There are plenty of open asst positions around the country still...this is the busy season. A lot of hires happen at the meetings.

I just don't believe this to be true for a couple reasons:

1. If we did in fact know in December, this has drug on for over a month? No way. I have been critical of Bo for some of his CEO down falls as a head coach, but he is not this bad. And I don't believe Eichorst would even let him get away with that.

2. Alabama lost their OC 5 days ago, hired Lane Kiffin 3 days ago, had someone hired in 48 hours. Michigan fired then hired a guy in about a 24 hour span. At the LATEST we knew about Joseph leaving over a week ago.

I'll flat out go on record and say that I have heard that this has been a done deal for about a week now. I was not informed of who it was, but that it was done. The ONLY way Bo is still out interviewing people is if he had his guy and then he was told he couldn't hire him...

We will know by this weekend who our guy is...

Yup and I said that....and would be used negative recruit against him....you can take that to the bank....

Bingo, IMO. Only speculating, but rehiring MS wouldn't have been a PR problem so much as an HR problem. Also possible he doesn't want to return.

There are plenty of open asst positions around the country still...this is the busy season. A lot of hires happen at the meetings.

Well said.....+1

I just don't believe this to be true for a couple reasons:

1. If we did in fact know in December, this has drug on for over a month? No way. I have been critical of Bo for some of his CEO down falls as a head coach, but he is not this bad. And I don't believe Eichorst would even let him get away with that.

2. Alabama lost their OC 5 days ago, hired Lane Kiffin 3 days ago, had someone hired in 48 hours. Michigan fired then hired a guy in about a 24 hour span. At the LATEST we knew about Joseph leaving over a week ago.

I'll flat out go on record and say that I have heard that this has been a done deal for about a week now. I was not informed of who it was, but that it was done. The ONLY way Bo is still out interviewing people is if he had his guy and then he was told he couldn't hire him...

Just asking, not disagreeing.....If it is a done deal why hasn't it been announced? The only reasons I can think of are that it was MS and that just finally got shot down and so now Bo is on to Plan B, or it is someone still coaching in the playoffs.

Just asking, not disagreeing.....If it is a done deal why hasn't it been announced? The only reasons I can think of are that it was MS and that just finally got shot down and so now Bo is on to Plan B, or it is someone still coaching in the playoffs.

Good question and that is the ONLY way this is still going on. Couple reasons why we may not have announced yet:

1. Coach is coming from another program and out of respect for the other school, you don't announce a staff change during the dead period. As always, some schools do it differently. But Michigan announced the firing, then the hiring in less than 24 hours.

2. If it is Marvin Sanders you don't want people to negative recruit against you during the dead period. They want to have their guns blazing when they announce so they can be the first ones to talk to the recruits about the hire rather than a competitive school.

Picture of him at an airport. I don't recognize the airport, but the kid in the picture was in AZ earlier this week.

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" style="display: block; max-width: 99%; min-width: 220px; padding: 0px; border-top-left-radius: 5px; border-top-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-left-radius: 5px; margin: 10px 0px; border-color: rgb(238, 238, 238) rgb(221, 221, 221) rgb(187, 187, 187); border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.14902) 0px 1px 3px; position: static; visibility: visible;" title="Embedded Tweet" width="500" height="504"></iframe>

You have to actively try to be this bad in pictures. :eek:<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none;"></iframe>

Last edited:

Good question and that is the ONLY way this is still going on. Couple reasons why we may not have announced yet:

1. Coach is coming from another program and out of respect for the other school, you don't announce a staff change during the dead period. As always, some schools do it differently. But Michigan announced the firing, then the hiring in less than 24 hours.

2. If it is Marvin Sanders you don't want people to negative recruit against you during the dead period. They want to have their guns blazing when they announce so they can be the first ones to talk to the recruits about the hire rather than a competitive school.

The dead period doesn't mean zero communications. Case-in-point: players at programs with coaching changes have spoken freely with coaches (initiated both ways). I don't know what the rules of this new dead period are, but communication is flowing freely.

The dead period doesn't mean zero communications. Case-in-point: players at programs with coaching changes have spoken freely with coaches (initiated both ways). I don't know what the rules of this new dead period are, but communication is flowing freely.

I know this, as the other schools would have to communicate with the athlete to negatively recruit someone...

You have to actively try to be this bad in pictures. :eek:<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none;" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>

a791how-i-think-i-look-like.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back