• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Pat Fitzgerald

Every week a prospective coach goes from hot to cold it seems...in part cuz we don't have the advantage of seeing their whole season yet. I wonder if Trev is as exhausted as we are yet...lol.
He has the money to order up some relaxation

Not the kind of coach looking for relaxation at this point...hehe.
Work life balance man

It’s when one is burnt out where bad decisions are made

I hope he is Iooking for some… me time

He appears to be a great motivator, average coach, maybe a great position coach.

I would much rather have Fitz than Bill O'Brien or Campbell.

But the reality is, he probably isn't leaving Northwestern unless he has 3-4 bad years in a row.

I am just surprised at how bad they are so far this season. I will not be shocked if he gets them turned around either.

I'd take him. We could get a lot worse. Hell, he owns our butts. But he ain't coming with that beautiful contract. And like @berryhusker stated, he's got a long leash there, which is not only nice, but a requirement to some extent.

Work life balance man

It’s when one is burnt out where bad decisions are made

I hope he is Iooking for some… me time
Wasn’t this something Frost was talking about for his staff when he came here? I think the scales swung a little too far toward the (high) life end of things for Frost to be successful here.

footballscoop.com
Fitzgerald made $5.4 million in total pay back in 2020, federal tax returns show. His base pay was $4.1 million with $960k brought in bonus pay in 2019 after leading the team to the Big Ten title game, and $4.7 million in 2020 with no bonus money credited.
I don't think he'll voluntarily leave any time soon.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back