• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Pat Fitzgerald

I like him a lot as a coach. If for some reason he was available (don't think that is happening), my question would be whether or not he would be elevated by coaching at Nebraska, or if we'd be looking at the same thing that Northwestern has. By that I mean, how well is he going to recruit. Can he bring in better talent, without being handcuffed by the academics of Northwestern?

Again, I don't think he would leave Northwestern, and I don't think they are going to get rid of him.

I like him a lot, but honestly he would be dumb to ever leave. They’ll keep him as long as he’s willing to stay.

He'd be foolish to leave where he is IMO. He has a pretty long leash at NW, which is getting harder to come by in the coaching profession by the season.
1-11 or 2-10 this year after 3-9 last year might shorten the leash. They have invested a bunch in that place too.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back