• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Palmer. Mathis At NFL Combine: Update: Palmer Ran A 4.33 In The 40

If you’re a tweener, why not come back to school and work hard and get better? Personally, I think his body is about done and he doesn’t have much left in the tank. BTW, I never said he didn’t work hard. Lots of players work hard and 99% of them won’t make the NFL. No shame in that. You better get back to studying for Mrs. Foster’s 9:00 am, 7th grade math quiz, I hear it’s a doozie.

No need for the last sentence

Thread ban and a couple of days off

RR

FWIW, this site has two Huskers getting drafted (based on overall rankings).

Trey Palmer (18th WR)
Ochaun Mathis

Vokolek is ranked #440

PFF does not have Palmer in the top 10 WR.

Palmer is #19 here:

Round 3-4 here:

Pretty consistent with Palmer going in the middle rounds -- which is still very likely the first Husker taken.

ESPN is not at all high on Palmer -- #38 WR -- borderline draftable. And they rank Mathis quite a bit higher overall.

And yet Vokolek gets invited to the combine which numbers in the 330 range IIRC.

And yet Vokolek gets invited to the combine which numbers in the 330 range IIRC.
You have to do the math here. Almost always, one TE per set. A few teams will be looking for TEs.
Its not the 330, but the number of TEs needed. Simple as that. He was invited because he'll likely get drafted.

They must have watched the Northwestern film. Nelson was a total non factor, as he was in many games. A lot of bling (antics, face paint, jumping up and down) and very little zing. Not surprising. Not sure what this guy was thinking declaring. If anyone needed another year, it was him. One of the more dumb decisions I’ve seen. Not sure who advised him of this. Unless he gets significantly better, he’ll never sniff the NFL.
Many have tried and failed.

He had his moments, both up and down as do most players. The truly dominant ones are the guys in suits that get drafted that first night. He's a marginal NFL talent. I get it. The focusing on his emotional behaviors I don't get. He was one of the few that never stopped trying to win the last few years. He's a kid you have to root for.
He's not an every down player in the NFL. Hell, he will have a hard time seeing the field in sub packages. But I can see him making a roster through special teams work. Teams love players who love the game and will go a 1000mph on every play.

I'd predict possibly a practice squad opportunity.

If you’re a tweener, why not come back to school and work hard and get better? Personally, I think his body is about done and he doesn’t have much left in the tank. BTW, I never said he didn’t work hard. Lots of players work hard and 99% of them won’t make the NFL. No shame in that. You better get back to studying for Mrs. Foster’s 9:00 am, 7th grade math quiz, I hear it’s a doozie.
Honestly, I don't think he's a good fit for a 3-3-5. If you thought he was a tweener last year, it would have been exacerbated even more this year, IMO

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back