• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ozigbo-----again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davis running ball security drills proves exactly nothing, unless you want to claim Ron Brown never did? Separate out fumble from RB, QB and WR and let me know how that goes. Did Ameer just figure out how to get better at ball security on his own. I bet GFOA thinks he did.

Why the need to separate out fumbles? Davis works ball security with all of them and the program has seen a dramatic improvement. There is no argument there but have fun trying to make one.

C

Davis running ball security drills proves exactly nothing, unless you want to claim Ron Brown never did? Separate out fumble from RB, QB and WR and let me know how that goes. Did Ameer just figure out how to get better at ball security on his own. I bet GFOA thinks he did.
Ball security - if you're going to get hit, cover the ball with both hands and fall down. Seems to be what Oz does most plays.

G seems to be under the impression that good players automatically improve as they get older - coaching is irrelevant.

Do you ever bother to listen to yourself? Ron Brown wasn't a good RB coach, even though he had guys like Helu, Burkhead, and Abdullah? Uh, yeah, there's no cause and effect in there, at all. Here's a clue, since you don't understand the correlation between coaching and recruiting. Good coaches tend to bring in highly-ranked recruits. The kids seem to be attracted to coaches they think will make them better.

Kind of like how Langs keeps bringing in top rated QBs every year.
Learn to read...it will help.

Ron Brown was a good football coach, period. That said, it is hard to be sure that he was anything special as an RB coach as he inherited Rex and Ameer when he took over the RB's. Those two, were among the most self-motivated, talented, and hardest working RB's we've ever had.

Excellent point.

No, he wasn't that highly recruited. Nebraska was the best offer he got and he jumped on it early. But you go ahead and convince yourself he'll be the starter.

247 listed offers from Miami, Miss St, Iowa, Boise, Utah, and Wisconsin, among others. Does he need an Alabama offer to be highly recruited? NU being his best offer is a stretch as well.

Not all that impressed by that list.

Congratulations. When he was being recruited, Miss St, Wisconsin, KSU, and Boise were all in the AP top 16, while Nebraska was out in the cold. You can be impressed or not by any list, but saying a kid had no better offers and saying he wasn't highly recruited is ridiculous. 25% of the top 16 teams offered (maybe more, I don't know), but you aren't impressed by his offer list. LOL. And unranked Nebraska was his "best" offer so he jumped at it. Wow.

Congratulations. When he was being recruited, Miss St, Wisconsin, KSU, and Boise were all in the AP top 16, while Nebraska was out in the cold. You can be impressed or not by any list, but saying a kid had no better offers and saying he wasn't highly recruited is ridiculous. 25% of the top 16 teams offered (maybe more, I don't know), but you aren't impressed by his offer list. LOL. And unranked Nebraska was his "best" offer so he jumped at it. Wow.

I didn't realize how far NU has fallen. This pretty much put it under the spotlight. MSU, WI, KSU and Boise are now considered better offers than NU? Talk about lowered expectations.

If you really think Miss St, Boise, and KSU are better offers than Nebraska then maybe you need an attitude adjustment.

Well, since you are a poster than no one pays any attention to, you wouldn't understand what it's like to have two fanboys following you around like little puppy dogs trying to pick a fight over the most bizarre and stupid little things.

It's really pretty fun watching them try to twist my words. In this thread, I make a very affirmative acclamation that Ron Brown is a good coach, in fact, he's one of my all time favorite assistants. That said, he got the running backs coaching job very late in his career after coaching other positions. And, since he always had an outstanding RB in his stable for the few years he coached RB's, it is truly impossible to know whether he was anything special at coaching RB's. There is nothing unreasonable about anything I said, but, LOL one of the puppy dogs has to go off on a tangent about Ron having recruited one of those great RB's. To that, I said that Ron was a good recruiter and that was well known, but it had nothing to do with the actual coaching of the running backs, which is just a plain and simple fact. Coaching is coaching and recruiting is a separate task that is also usually done by coaches, but it is not coaching. But, the puppies must nip whenever they can...so they do. LOL...join in, plenty of room on my other leg.
Let me tell you something, hot dog. The key to communication is expressing yourself explicitly the first time. That way you don't have to run around explaining what you really meant a dozen posts later. You've obviously studied at Trumps knee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back