• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Ouch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not terribly surprising as the press never really liked Bo and Co. However; with all things even prejudiced articles there is a grain of truth.

When one has to stretch the truth as much as Lee did in this article, it's obvious that he doesn't even believe his "grain of truth" but wants others to share his opinion. Bo did all he can to be successful in Lincoln. The fact that he wasn't able to accomplish the biggest of accomplishments is not evidence that he hated this place, the fans, the media, or his players as suggested in this article. I applaud Bo for his efforts and passion he showcased in taking care of the young men he was entrusted with. Riley stressed that the fans and support in Lincoln do all they can to be as classy every chance they get. How do we applaud teams like USC/OU/VT/even Texas, who comes in town and hands us an L that goes on our record, but then spend every opportunity to ridicule a man who did all in his power to help us to win games. Yes, he could have been more classy in his exit especially when addressing his team for the last time, but we call ourselves the Greatest Fans.......does one man override that title........

Last edited:

Lee does have a good point with the "Loser's Limp"

Reminds me EXACTLY of John Sanders, former NU baseball coach.

Sanders would pound the Peru States of the world, then lose to Oklahoma State by 30 runs (sound familiar).

Afterward he would give the "loser's limp" excuse: "Its hard to win here, this job is tough, no one wants to play in cold weather", and on and on and on. Enter Dave Van Horn and in 2 years (yes, two years), with virtually the same players, wins a conference tourney title.

It's ironic that he writes an article praising professionalism in the most unprofessional way. If Lee thought Bo was petulant and petty, maybe he should look in the mirror.

True or not (or somewhere in between) . . . I thought it came across as petty when I read it last night. There are ways of making the same points without being such a hatchet job, and I was no giant fan of Bo's at the end.

Move on . . . hopefully the new staff can win AND keep things positive.

Spring game is behind us now. Perfect time to increase discussion of our previous coach. Not much else to talk about. Well, the NFL draft is soon. Otherwise ... the coach before Riley... good time to let loose!:lol:

The comparisons will be in place for awhile. That's natural in any transition. How quickly did we move on from Callahan and Pederson? Have we completely? :lol:

:happyrun::corn2::shout:

Last edited:
Spring game is behind us now. Perfect time to increase discussion of our previous coach. Not much else to talk about. Well, the NFL draft is soon. Otherwise ... the coach before Riley... good time to let loose!

The comparisons will be in place for awhile. That's natural in any transition. How quickly did we move on from Callahan and Pederson? Have we completely? :lol:

:happyrun::corn2::shout:

:lol:

When one has to stretch the truth as much as Lee did in this article, it's obvious that he doesn't even believe his "grain of truth" but wants others to share his opinion. Bo did all he can to be successful in Lincoln. The fact that he wasn't able to accomplish the biggest of accomplishments is not evidence that he hated this place, the fans, the media, or his players as suggested in this article. I applaud Bo for his efforts and passion he showcased in taking care of the young men he was entrusted with. Riley stressed that the fans and support in Lincoln do all they can to be as classy every chance they get. How do we applaud teams like USC/OU/VT/even Texas, who comes in town and hands us an L that goes on our record, but then spend every opportunity to ridicule a man who did all in his power to help us to win games. Yes, he could have been more classy in his exit especially when addressing his team for the last time, but we call ourselves the Greatest Fans.......does one man override that title........

We were fortunate that Lee sugar coated it a bit. The reality is much harsher.

:woohoo:

I have no doubt that Bo cared about the kids in the program, but I also have no doubt that his paranoia and immaturity caused him to teach them some poor life lessons, especially upon his exit.

I would argue that Lee hasn't really appeared to be a Husker fan for about 15 years. Its a rarity that he ever writes anything positive about Nebraska and more often not as a AP voter has us picked much lower than the rest of the AP writers. The guy is just negative and doesn't know how to write anything good. I'm guessing this is the type of guy who everyone hates in real life and he uses his position to tell the rest of the world how bad we are.

Me thinks Lee's been sitting on the premise for a while and used the Spring Game as an excuse to get this "off his chest". I could maybe see writing this type of article at some point during the actual season to show changes that have taken place between Bo's leadership and Riley's, but after spring practice?

It's all fine and dandy now, and I'm guessing that Riley will get a longer honeymoon period than most coaches do, but let's not pretend that Lee won't pick apart the Riley regime should cracks start to surface.

Lee regularly wrote this kind of crap while Pelini was here, so why would he change his trolling style now?

And people wonder why Bo felt under appreciated here. The best advice anyone can give Riley right now is "watch your back." There are very few in the media that will stand by him when (yes, when) things get rough. People like to bash on Sipple, but I appreciate the approach he has taken with all of our coaches.

Lee regularly wrote this kind of crap while Pelini was here, so why would he change his trolling style now?

And people wonder why Bo felt under appreciated here. The best advice anyone can give Riley right now is "watch your back." There are very few in the media that will stand by him when (yes, when) things get rough. People like to bash on Sipple, but I appreciate the approach he has taken with all of our coaches.

Oh I'm sure Bo did enough to help foster the hostility on his own. I've heard strories about his insult and expletive filled phone calls to media members when he didn't like what one of them wrote or said. However, the man gas been gone since December. Why does Lee need to throw dirt on his grave now? Just let it go and move on, Lee.

Oh I'm sure Bo did enough to help foster the hostility on his own. I've heard strories about his insult and expletive filled phone calls to media members when he didn't like what one of them wrote or said. However, the man gas been gone since December. Why does Lee need to throw dirt on his grave now? Just let it go and move on, Lee.

Bo was his own worst enemy for sure but as you say, he is gone. The media are mostly assclowns anyway but when they push an obvious agenda, it gets old quick.

You should be able to buy a pair of blinders when making $3M a year. Besides, didn't he always say he didn't read that stuff? Coaching is a tough profession but that's why they make the big bucks. If he had spent more time game planning and not reading his own press maybe he would have been more appreciated. I'm sure if Riley tanks after four years you'll call him out, right? I know I will; it's just the nature of the beast.

You should be able to buy a pair of blinders when making $3M a year. Besides, didn't he always say he didn't read that stuff? Coaching is a tough profession but that's why they make the big bucks. If he had spent more time game planning and not reading his own press maybe he would have been more appreciated. I'm sure if Riley tanks after four years you'll call him out, right? I know I will; it's just the nature of the beast.

Stupid media types are part of the coaching equation...everywhere. Hopefully another lesson Bo learned at Nebraska.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back