• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

One heck of a game - proud of our team.

Not quite sure how to put this, but at least I feel like crap again after losing to a top 10 team. I mean, I always feel like crap when we lose but it had gotten to the point where I just hoped we didn't get boat-raced on national TV. Now it's a crap feeling because we played hard and had a good chance to win. We're almost there. As long as the team doesn't lose it's direction I'm already thinking of being ranked again and being a team nobody wants to play next year.
This is put well. So many games in recent years, I dreaded the game because I felt the Huskers could get ran off the field. 3 top 15 teams barely scratched a victory from the Huskers hands. It’s painful, but very different than other losses against similarly ranked teams in recent history. Sure feels like the Huskers are close. Hope they can take the next step and win one of these soon. Then build on that and make big strides.

You think Michigan or Michigan State would want to play this team again? So much better than the record indicates.

That was an exceptionally fun game to watch. Proud of our effort. We are so close to breaking the barriers that have haunted this program.
I’m convinced Scott will get us there.
How could prospects not want to play in that kind of atmosphere? The key is improving recruiting.

The fans were AMAZING!!!’
We definitely need more good players. Our current recruiting class is not the strongest, so hopefully we can add more. 3-4 soaks.

I don't think we lost tonight because we didn't have enough talent to compete.

We simply still make more errors than the other team in big games.

That said, I'm very proud of the Huskers for fighting the asses off. This teams lays it all out on the field. I respect the heck out of that.

Enough is enough. Moral victories in year four are for soccer moms. We have to start winning. AM doesn’t come back next year and we are fighting for a bowl game in year five. Are we better? Yes we are but close at this point just doesn’t cut it anymore.

I don't look at them as moral victories now. Maybe OU was - not only did we not get blown out, but we could hang with them and actually had a shot at winning. With Michigan State, I think that we outplayed them but found a way to beat ourselves. Again. However, MSU is undefeated and looks pretty good when not playing Nebraska.

In the Michigan game I don't believe that either team really outplayed the other. It was a hard fought game that could have gone either way. Sure we made mistakes, but so did Michigan. We have cleaned up a lot of the mistakes. We just need to start finishing games. But I feel like I can finally see where we're headed. We're getting there. The wins are coming!

GO BIG RED!

I don't think we lost tonight because we didn't have enough talent to compete.

We simply still make more errors than the other team in big games.

That said, I'm very proud of the Huskers for fighting the asses off. This teams lays it all out on the field. I respect the heck out of that.

The talent is there and so is the toughness now.

We used to argue about looking like we're headed in the right direction. I don't think that's even debatable anymore. This is an improved football team. Three losses to top ten teams. Three games we were in until the final gun. Not the results I wanted, but I'll be damned if I'll complain about how they've played.

I really enjoyed watching this game. I don’t know why but my attitude is much better after this loss. I see a Quarterback that has weapons around him and an improved offensive line. The defense is solid enough to beat anyone on our schedule.

It should be obvious to most folks watching the games that we belong on the field with these teams now. Five straight games where the team looks solid and has improved something each week. We don't look lost. We don't look overmatched. We're more than holding our own across the board. This is a good football team right now.

Not quite sure how to put this, but at least I feel like crap again after losing to a top 10 team. I mean, I always feel like crap when we lose but it had gotten to the point where I just hoped we didn't get boat-raced on national TV. Now it's a crap feeling because we played hard and had a good chance to win. We're almost there. As long as the team doesn't lose it's direction I'm already thinking of being ranked again and being a team nobody wants to play next year.
Can’t disagree. Everyone has different gauges to measure progress. I’m alright with the guys who look at wins and losses. In the end it’s MOST important. We can be the best 5-7 team in the world and rated 30 in the power rankings but it won’t get you to a bowl.
However, I can agree with the eye test and see our on field progress. This is light years away from the last couple of years.

That was an exceptionally fun game to watch. Proud of our effort. We are so close to breaking the barriers that have haunted this program.
I’m convinced Scott will get us there.
How could prospects not want to play in that kind of atmosphere? The key is improving recruiting.

The fans were AMAZING!!!’

Agree… I had quite a few “fun” moments; especially in the second half.

I think there are certain barriers that will be removed through attrition, while others will be removed via continual development, focus on details, and performance improvement (which will require the ability to make difficult decisions at times).

I agree that Scott can get us there as long as he’s executed on the previous points.

And yes… Husker Fans are the best in my book!!

GBR!!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back