• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ohio State puts Urban Meyer on administrative leave

He reported it to his boss. The responsibility towards reporting it is qurstionable as federal title IX doesn't cover non sexual assault and even then primary reporting responsibility should have fell on his wife.
He says he reported and I don't believe it for one second. Lies

Maybe this is why the Police, the University and Urban Meyer failed to act on the ALLEGATIONS. This is from Courtney's mom.

In June or July of 2015 after they got separated, we all were at my condo and Zach was picking up or dropping off the kids,” she explained. “Courtney got mad about something, she then got into her car and she deliberately tried to run him over with her car. Zach had to jump out of the way and I thought she actually had run him over.

She hit him often. She would start hitting him just to start a fight. He would have to grab her arms tight to get control of her.

Carano also said her daughter “has been verbally abusive to me and my 84-year-old mother, her grandmother. “I came up in May to help her and we got into an argument with my mother there. She then called me every name in the book, then turned on my mother and then kicked me and my mother out of her house. We both have helped her so much throughout her life. My mom helped her with her student loans, cooked for her and the kids, did her laundry. And who kicks their grandmother, 84 years old, out of their house like that? She just gets out of control when she drinks.”

As far as her own texts she supposedly sent to Zach Smith in 2015, which McMurphy published, she said she doesn’t remember sending them. “If they are real, and they do exist, I cannot honestly remember it,” she said. “If I did it, and I am not sure I did it, I think I told (Zach) not to touch her and the arguing has got to stop … something just so those two would stop fighting and stop arguing.

I wouldn’t just go around making stuff up about my own daughter. If someone asks about my motive for speaking out this way against my own daughter, it’s that I really think she needs professional help. I hope she reads this and gets that help

You still don't get it.

Looks like the investigation may go on for longer than originally planned.
Ohio State president Michael Drake, along with the board of trustees, will determine what action is needed after hearing the results of the investigation. Drake said in an interview on WOSU Thursday that Sunday is not a hard deadline for a decision on Meyer's future.
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ation-involving-urban-meyer-finished-finished

I thought the deadline was supposed to be today, but I guess it was originally set for Sunday. Either way, the OSU president's statement is ambiguous enough to allow the school more time to come to its conclusion. I just can't believe they'll extend the investigation into another week.

Actually I believe you are zeroed in on single factor and thus don't get it .this is much bigger than whether Um reported to the wrong person

Not really as it relates to Urb’s sabbatical and what if any punitive action may be taken against his employment...which is what this thread has been about from the beginning.

It’s been explained to you numerous times by numerous people, to the point it looks like you are willfully ignoring what the issue is with regard to Urbs.

If you want to have a broader policy discussion on the issue of domestic violence, TitleIX, institutional policy on Title IX, society’s reaction and evolution on these issues, I invite you to head over to Hot Topics where that discussion belongs.

As to this one, you simply don’t get it, or you are intentionally ignoring it.

This is enough evidence (with everything else that's been reported) to let Urbie keep his job. Doesn't change the fact that ZS is a scumbag, or that a reasonable head coach should have fired him sooner. But it creates a reasonable doubt that Courtney is an innocent victim.
Maybe this is why the Police, the University and Urban Meyer failed to act on the ALLEGATIONS. This is from Courtney's mom.

In June or July of 2015 after they got separated, we all were at my condo and Zach was picking up or dropping off the kids,” she explained. “Courtney got mad about something, she then got into her car and she deliberately tried to run him over with her car. Zach had to jump out of the way and I thought she actually had run him over.

She hit him often. She would start hitting him just to start a fight. He would have to grab her arms tight to get control of her.

Carano also said her daughter “has been verbally abusive to me and my 84-year-old mother, her grandmother. “I came up in May to help her and we got into an argument with my mother there. She then called me every name in the book, then turned on my mother and then kicked me and my mother out of her house. We both have helped her so much throughout her life. My mom helped her with her student loans, cooked for her and the kids, did her laundry. And who kicks their grandmother, 84 years old, out of their house like that? She just gets out of control when she drinks.”

I realize that most everyone on here wants to see Urban burn. But I don't think he'll be going down this time. I also don't think that most of the people reading this would qualify for jury duty on this case.

Last edited:
Not really as it relates to Urb’s sabbatical and what if any punitive action may be taken against his employment...which is what this thread has been about from the beginning.

It’s been explained to you numerous times by numerous people, to the point it looks like you are willfully ignoring what the issue is with regard to Urbs.

If you want to have a broader policy discussion on the issue of domestic violence, TitleIX, institutional policy on Title IX, society’s reaction and evolution on these issues, I invite you to head over to Hot Topics where that discussion belongs.

As to this one, you simply don’t get it, or you are intentionally ignoring it.
I'm not ignoring anything. I'm just looking at the broader picture of what the investigation is detailing. You are stuck on did he break their policy. Not sure they have to have a 2 week investigation including interview with Zack Smith to determine that. Zack Smith has no insight as to whether UM held up his end of the contract. There is so much more to this than "did he report sufficiently as his contract states he should." I think you are the one that isn't getting it. The fact that you think I don't get it because you and a couple of others have tried to explain it to me probably represents an uncertainty of what is happening here by you rather than me.

I'm not ignoring anything. I'm just looking at the broader picture of what the investigation is detailing. You are stuck on did he break their policy. Not sure they have to have a 2 week investigation including interview with Zack Smith to determine that. Zack Smith has no insight as to whether UM held up his end of the contract. There is so much more to this than "did he report sufficiently as his contract states he should." I think you are the one that isn't getting it. The fact that you think I don't get it because you and a couple of others have tried to explain it to me probably represents an uncertainty of what is happening here by you rather than me.

No, not at all.

I don't beat any drums for Meyer or Smith, but the quote from the mother, if accurate, certainly sows some reasonable doubt.

While I do think Urban should be fired based on the information that's been available, I have a feeling someone else (possibly his wife) will get let go and Urban will receive a suspension. Putting a timeline on the investigation allows tOSU time to find a convenient scapegoat, and figure out enough technicalities that will allow Urban to stay. Add to that making a Friday announcement (which is commonly referred to as a "news dump" day) leads me to believe tOSU is hoping the news cycle will lose interest over the weekend. With the season being just two weeks away, they'll hope focus will shift from off-the-field issues to the upcoming season. Urban will be suspended for a long enough period of time (probably 4 games) so that when he comes back the media will have moved on and focus attention to in-season news stories.

So UM's wife is an employee of OSU?? I guess i missed that.

So, who really believes Urban is getting fired?

I never did. UM is too important to OSU to fire, especially if reasonable doubt or lack of details can cloud the picture enough that public opinion is divided (which it certainly seems to be).

Despite the "nobody comes back from administrative leave" narrative that was put out in the beginning, i was convinced UM would survive, and it certainly appears more likely each day that will be how this finishes.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back