• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Official Signing Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo: I know in my house there wasn't going to be any hat grabbing. You signed and then went to school. It's the way it should be.

This, combined with his insistence to not praise individual recruits too highly, is why Coach Pelini is a perfect fit for THIS program at THIS time.

Excellent class......and for people that pay attention and do their homework, and Michael Rose is a guy that seems to look at this stuff closely, this class is built to compliment our last few classes, combine the classes and as the players mature and grow we could have something very special.

Certainly, there are some that have tunnelvision and can only see the big fish that got away, and compliments to the staff for going after the big fish, despite the expected meltdown by the "fans" for the one or two that go another direction.

We got an excellent class this year. High quality across the board. I look forward to seeing how they do, how they fit in with the kids we have now.

First off, the spring game comes up where we get to see many of the forgotten names from last years class as many have shed their redshirts, others have had a year to develop(and are in their first official offseason training program).

We have a LOT to look forward to.

Very excited to see what Armstrong and Westercamp can do on offense. I hope they both push the starters very hard!!!

Might not have gotten in. Some Stanford folks are upset that admissions dep't did not let in a Louisiana kid by the name of Tillman, who reportedly had a 26 ACT and not a single B on his transcript and who committed to Stanford last summer. One of the great wonders of the world is how college admissions departments work.

I guess it depends on where you get your story. He was only a 2-star kid, and committed early. Reports are out there saying that Stanford decided they didn't have room for him anymore and pulled the offer.

If Armstrong is as good as I think he is he could be a 3 or 4 year starter....and that might/or might not include a RS year....Beck loves Armstrong....the perfect QB to run the offense he and Bo want...think of Kansas when he was there...I'll take that with a good defense...

This is what I think too. I am all for giving him the reigns, letting him make mistakes, and letting him make big plays. Defenses won't stack the box with that arm.

This is what I think too. I am all for giving him the reigns, letting him make mistakes, and letting him make big plays. Defenses won't stack the box with that arm.

You would likely be in a minority of those willing to let him make mistakes. See trashing of Martinez, Green, and others. I have been developing a conspiracy theory under my tinfoil hat that Bo is letting Martinez take the heat and protecting Carnes from being put in that position :)

I need to chime in............... WELL DONE COACHES!!!! THIS IS A REALLY GOOD CLASS AND I AM HAPPY WITH IT....

Also it was mentioned earlier that we will be taking one more possibly to put us at 19, but we are at 17, so was that for the walkons? I take it we are waiting on one walk on and Ford?

I'd give this class a B or maybe B+ for now.

There's still some improvement to be made in recruiting, but I also think improvement HAS been made from years past.

If the staff eased off of the Dallas area this year, then that was a huge mistake, and we have to get back in that area now.

Given that we already have Andrus Peat's brother on the team and his cousin signed, do we really want to wish him anything but the best on what was likely a very difficult decision?

I guess it depends on where you get your story. He was only a 2-star kid, and committed early. Reports are out there saying that Stanford decided they didn't have room for him anymore and pulled the offer.

Number of stars probably affects admissability, too. For example, if two non-football player applicants have the same grades and same test scores, etc., but one of them is a national level pianist and the other is a state level pianist, the one with the more exceptional ability is more attractive to the admissions folks. Probably applies to football players, too.

Some of the folks in Louisiana are saying that they suspect Stanford pulled the offer, but that is not the official position of the university. (I think this is a great time for a ;) - only the Dumbledore types in the dark, dank bowels of the admissions department know for sure)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back