• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

# of recruits for December signing period

Article on Jimari Butler

"He reminds me a lot of (Seattle Seahawks defensive end Jadeveon) Clowney,” Stone said of Butler. “He has that same type of quickness off the ball. If he gains another 30 pounds, he can go as far as he wants in this sport.”

If you hit out on your Tier A, B, and C guys for a particular position, what do you think a coach should do with that slot? If you want a more specific example, if we miss out on Kaden, Coates, and Eteva this year (I know it's unlikely) should the coaches fill those with lower tier LB, go for "best in class", or something different?

Nebraska's in a position where they'll probably take best player available. For the simple fact that even if they hit on their top guys, they'll still go into the '21 class with similar needs as they had this class. Inside and outside linebacker will be the top priority again. WR will be again as well. Heck, assuming Spielman comes back for a senior year at Nebraska, Manning is the type of talent who could be one and done in Lincoln, then you're replacing your top two guys in 2021.

Nebraska's in a position where they'll probably take best player available. For the simple fact that even if they hit on their top guys, they'll still go into the '21 class with similar needs as they had this class. Inside and outside linebacker will be the top priority again. WR will be again as well. Heck, assuming Spielman comes back for a senior year at Nebraska, Manning is the type of talent who could be one and done in Lincoln, then you're replacing your top two guys in 2021.

Assumption of someone spreading the ball around! I like it!

I think Nebraska will sign 23-24 by February, leaving themselves 2-3 spots for grad transfers or Jahkeem Green type late juco additions.

They'd love to have 19, 20 in the boat early. They're at 14 now. I could see adding Omar Manning, Kaden Johnson, Julius Coates and Eteva Mauga-Clements for sure. I could also see Alante Brown or Marcus Fleming at WR, Jaiden Francois or Darion Green-Warren at DB (DGW is signing early but announcing at the All-American Bowl like Noa Pola-Gates did). I think Jared Ivey is leaning toward Georgia Tech, but Jimari Butler could flip from Tennessee.
One down( Eteva Mauga-Clements) four or five more to go.

I think Nebraska will sign 23-24 by February, leaving themselves 2-3 spots for grad transfers or Jahkeem Green type late juco additions.

They'd love to have 19, 20 in the boat early. They're at 14 now. I could see adding Omar Manning, Kaden Johnson, Julius Coates and Eteva Mauga-Clements for sure. I could also see Alante Brown or Marcus Fleming at WR, Jaiden Francois or Darion Green-Warren at DB (DGW is signing early but announcing at the All-American Bowl like Noa Pola-Gates did). I think Jared Ivey is leaning toward Georgia Tech, but Jimari Butler could flip from Tennessee.

2 CB's for Darion G-W to Michigan yesterday, one from Wiltfong. ALso i thought Omar wasn't announcing/signing until February?

For all the "other recruits" you touched on (Alante Brown or Marcus Fleming, Jaiden Francois or DGW, and Jimari Butler), do you see these kids also committing on or within the next 11 days? Thanks in advance N2FL.
So a lot has changed in a week. I have some very pointed questions, if you don’t mind giving your input. With the clear focus on Darrion GW, Myles Slusher, Keyshawn Greene, how does this affect the elected signees (if any) you mentioned before? Meaning, do either of those sign with us in your opinion? Also, in your heart of hearts do you still see Omar Manning coming to NU in February? Thanks in advance.

Jimari Butler
So a lot has changed in a week. I have some very pointed questions, if you don’t mind giving your input. With the clear focus on Darrion GW, Myles Slusher, Keyshawn Greene, how does this affect the elected signees (if any) you mentioned before? Meaning, do either of those sign with us in your opinion? Also, in your heart of hearts do you still see Omar Manning coming to NU in February? Thanks in advance.

Never "Leave the last couple of spots for next year's class." Ever.

But what happens if you miss on some your targets and you still have spots left? I'm assuming it would be better to not fill those spots instead of doing what Bo used to do where he would panic at the end of the cycle because he realized there were still spots to fill so he'd get guys who had no business being here and were just spot fillers.

Last edited:
But what happens if you miss on some your targets and you still have spots left? I'm assuming it would be better to not fill those spots instead of doing what Bo used to do where he would panic at the end of the cycle because he realized there were still spots to fill so he'd get guys who had no business being here and were just spot fillers.
With transfer portal, it's a lot easier to send someone on their way than it was in Bo's time

I think Manning is still a Husker lean and not signing until February has as much to do with academic questions as it does A&M, although don't just brush off that offer. Keyshawn Greene and Darion Green-Warren are priority guys. They take them no matter what.

Not sure about Slusher. If it were me, I'd take him and Jaiden Francois too, but the staff might just be keeping on Slusher in case they lose out on Francois to Miami

I think Manning is still a Husker lean and not signing until February has as much to do with academic questions as it does A&M, although don't just brush off that offer. Keyshawn Greene and Darion Green-Warren are priority guys. They take them no matter what.

Not sure about Slusher. If it were me, I'd take him and Jaiden Francois too, but the staff might just be keeping on Slusher in case they lose out on Francois to Miami
Is Slusher legitimately interested in us still? If so, i agree he should be a take regardless of Francois' decision.

Thanks man.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back