• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

# of recruits for December signing period

Husker Rambler

Recruit
5 Year Member
In a perfect world we would sign almost all of our recruits in December, but considering the current number of commitments what is a reasonable expectation. It seems to me we would want at least 20 considering we should have a class size of 25-26. Curious as to others thoughts.

No.

As of today it would be 15

I think we may get 2-3 more commits between now and the 19th

In the end with the B1G + rule we should sign in the neighborhood of a full class of 25

I think Nebraska will sign 23-24 by February, leaving themselves 2-3 spots for grad transfers or Jahkeem Green type late juco additions.

They'd love to have 19, 20 in the boat early. They're at 14 now. I could see adding Omar Manning, Kaden Johnson, Julius Coates and Eteva Mauga-Clements for sure. I could also see Alante Brown or Marcus Fleming at WR, Jaiden Francois or Darion Green-Warren at DB (DGW is signing early but announcing at the All-American Bowl like Noa Pola-Gates did). I think Jared Ivey is leaning toward Georgia Tech, but Jimari Butler could flip from Tennessee.

I think Nebraska will sign 23-24 by February, leaving themselves 2-3 spots for grad transfers or Jahkeem Green type late juco additions.

They'd love to have 19, 20 in the boat early. They're at 14 now. I could see adding Omar Manning, Kaden Johnson, Julius Coates and Eteva Mauga-Clements for sure. I could also see Alante Brown or Marcus Fleming at WR, Jaiden Francois or Darion Green-Warren at DB (DGW is signing early but announcing at the All-American Bowl like Noa Pola-Gates did). I think Jared Ivey is leaning toward Georgia Tech, but Jimari Butler could flip from Tennessee.

That would be a nice finish for the early signing period!

Without naming names do you see any of these kids as a lock for NU?

Edit: Lock is a strong word. How about 'high probability'?

Last edited:

I have us at taking 27 if we want.

I'm not sure we quite fill that though unless we can fill it with quality. 23'ish by Feb makes a lot of sense. Add one maybe two after that. Leave the last couple of spots for next year's class. Not ideal but unless there are lots of rabbits coming out of hats, we didn't get to where we needed to this year on recruiting.

Your first four in that list is a sign of great progress and if we pull those, that will go along way to helping this class. That will still leave us too short, IMO, to fill the class with quality come Feb.

I have us at taking 27 if we want.

I'm not sure we quite fill that though unless we can fill it with quality. 23'ish by Feb makes a lot of sense. Add one maybe two after that. Leave the last couple of spots for next year's class. Not ideal but unless there are lots of rabbits coming out of hats, we didn't get to where we needed to this year on recruiting.

Your first four in that list is a sign of great progress and if we pull those, that will go along way to helping this class. That will still leave us too short, IMO, to fill the class with quality come Feb.

Never "Leave the last couple of spots for next year's class." Ever.

For all the "other recruits" you touched on (Alante Brown or Marcus Fleming, Jaiden Francois or DGW, and Jimari Butler), do you see these kids also committing on or within the next 11 days? Thanks in advance N2FL.

For all the "other recruits" you touched on (Alante Brown or Marcus Fleming, Jaiden Francois or DGW, and Jimari Butler), do you see these kids also committing on or within the next 11 days? Thanks in advance N2FL.

Never "Leave the last couple of spots for next year's class." Ever.
If you hit out on your Tier A, B, and C guys for a particular position, what do you think a coach should do with that slot? If you want a more specific example, if we miss out on Kaden, Coates, and Eteva this year (I know it's unlikely) should the coaches fill those with lower tier LB, go for "best in class", or something different?

Jimari Butler

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back