• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU vs. BYU game thread - Saturday 10:30pm

I am disappointed and frustrated. I thought the girls would build on the momentum from the win last night and finally get back to the final 4, but they showed an ugly trait tonight that has hampered them all year: inconsistency, especially defensively. The twins still hurt this team when in the back row and that has to change. I know, this is a very negative post. Sorry about that. I call it as I see it and this hurts. The only program that can even remotely hope to win a national title still can't get back to the final 4. 2008 was the last time we made an appearance.

Another way to look at it is we have made the Elite 8 eleven out of the last 14 years which is outstanding. And the Elite 8 for this young team, which wasn't close to our biggest or most talented, was over-achieving and a great accomplishment. Too each his own on how negative to look at something.

Last edited:

Another way to look at it is we have made the Elite 8 eleven out of the last 14 years which is outstanding. And the Elite 8 for this young team, which wasn't close to our biggest or most talented, was over-achieving and a great accomplishment. Too each his own on how negative to look at something.

In most recent seasons, we've fallen short of expectations in the tournament. This time, we overachieved. I like the result, and hope it continues into next season.

In most recent seasons, we've fallen short of expectations in the tournament. This time, we overachieved. I like the result, and hope it continues into next season.

While I respect and appreciate the post, I would offer this: I suppose it depends on what you mean by "expectations". If it is the general expectation that we make final fours frequently, we have obviously fallen short. If it is expectations based on the talent, experience, and leadership of that particular team, I don't think we have. We no longer have the talent advantage we used to have. Last year if we don't get a one and done transfer and a transfer setter, we aren't top 25. With those players, we were good, but not final 4 good. The talent gap with Texas, who we played in the Elite 8 game, was substantial. IMO, Cook coaches us up quite well. Where we have fallen off somewhat is in recruiting (or, at least, others have stepped it up).

I hear you, but to me what PSU has done is outstanding. What we have done is great, yet short of the goal. I guess I should have been more clear: I was disappointed we did not play as well as we are capable of last night. I do appreciate your point.

The twins still hurt this team when in the back row and that has to change. I know, this is a very negative post.
Taller players usually struggle in the back row. The taller you are, the harder it is to get down to dig a ball. Its also why you'll see them getting served the majority of the time. Taller players that play well in the back row are the exception and not the rule.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back