• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU Preview (from Purdue site)

I think they got the outcome of the game wrong, but most of the rest of the writeup is hard to argue with.

The defense really did suck.

There is a lot to fix on defense. Giving up 5 yards per rush and being 105 out of 130 teams in opponent 3rd down conversion (http://www.cfbstats.com/) won't cut it.

Defense is why I'm not buying into the 9, 10 win forecast that have popped up during the last few months.

There is a lot to fix on defense. Giving up 5 yards per rush and being 105 out of 130 teams in opponent 3rd down conversion (http://www.cfbstats.com/) won't cut it.

Defense is why I'm not buying into the 9, 10 win forecast that have popped up during the last few months.

My thought is the defense makes a marked improvement but is still middle of the pack in the conference. That alone gets NU to 6 wins IMO. Any improvement from there and additional wins are on the menu.

Fifteen years ago I would agree with you, but it’s been so rough for so long I only drink water these days.

I am optimistic at a level that is justified by the way the team progressed the final six games of the years.

GBR!

giphy.gif

Mine was glorious childhood. Every summer I would buy the pre-season magazines to look at the schedule so I knew who we were going to pound into the dirt in the fall. For me, from 1968 through 2002-ish it was a given.

The last 17 years has been tough for everyone involved and brought a lot of us down to earth. I think, like most, that Scott is the answer, heck, the ONLY answer right now. But I don't expect miracles this year regardless of the hype. I am in it for the long haul and will not be disappointed this year if it turns out poorly. BUT....the national hype combined with a poor or even a so-so record could damage us in recruiting and that is what worries me, not this year's record. There was nothing in the Purdue article that I really disagreed with. I am hoping for the best but won't be upset with the worst. GBR.

Last edited:
Yes defense is obviously very important but I also believe our offense will also be able to outscore most teams in the BIG........... So with a very dynamic offense and a middle of the pack D we can still win 9 or 10 games imo. As example the Pats have done that for many years as they've seldom had a lights out D. Texas Tech and Baylor beat a lot of pretty good teams when they had high powered offenses.

You can actually win a lot of games putting up 40+ points a game imo.............

I'm ready for them to play football. Preseason predictions and polls are both useless and a waste of time.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back