• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU Preview (from Purdue site)

Lets remember they lost to a pretty good Auburn team in their bowl game... 63-14! Not exactly impressive way to close out the season. Granted we didn't make a bowl but I'd hate to try build for next season with that bad of a boat race to finish.............

Until we prove otherwise, I see nothing to support us automatically winning against them this year.

Maybe it's because I don't drink the "kool-aid" but I really don't buy any of the hype. Until it's proven on the field, it's just talk.

I wonder if his thinking we are switching to a 3-4 this year has anything to do with his outlook.

Until we prove otherwise, I see nothing to support us automatically winning against them this year.

Maybe it's because I don't drink the "kool-aid" but I really don't buy any of the hype. Until it's proven on the field, it's just talk.

I always love this line of argument on a fan BBS. You’re objectively correct of course, but doesn’t being a fan mean being a bit of homer, referring to the team as “us” and “we”’ as if we’re on the team, being overly optimistic about our future games and record....etc? Oh, and a little red dye stain on our collective upper lips?

Last edited:
I always love this line of argument on a fan BBS. You’re objectively correct of course, but doesn’t being a fan means being a bit of homer, referring to the team as “us” and “we”’ as if we’re on the team, being overly optimistic about our future games and record....etc? Oh, and a little red dye stain on our collective upper lips?

Fifteen years ago I would agree with you, but it’s been so rough for so long I only drink water these days.

I am optimistic at a level that is justified by the way the team progressed the final six games of the years.

GBR!

I always love this line of argument on a fan BBS. You’re objectively correct of course, but doesn’t being a fan means being a bit of homer, referring to the team as “us” and “we”’ as if we’re on the team, being overly optimistic about our future games and record....etc? Oh, and a little red dye stain on our collective upper lips?

I think of using the term "us" and "we" in the sense that we're all in this together. You know, "One state, one heartbeat" and all that. This is all we have in terms of football. It's kind of like that line from Friday Night Lights, "Gentleman, the hopes and dreams of an entire town are riding on your shoulders". Replace town with state and that's pretty accurate.

But in terms of being a homer and overly optimistic, no, that's not me. Since the day Frank was fired, i've watched Nebraska fall further and further from what it used to be. When Bo came, it seemed like maybe there was hope, but it turned out to be false hope.

I'm just tired. I'm tired of reading article after article; video after video; year after year saying this could be the year that Nebraska finally turns the corner and rises back to prominence based on <insert reason(s)>. Then the season comes and it ends up being more of the same.

So while the final 6 games of last year showed promise, i'm done believing in the hype and thinking, "this is the year!". No, prove it on the field.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back