• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU Players File Lawsuit vs. B1G

I do not think that McCaffrey is the best player for this. Juniors and seniors are the ones who can best show potential damages as it could and probably will hurt draft status. Luke is a RS Frosh. He will have 4 years either way.
That's my guess on why they picked who they picked. At least to a large degree.

They may have a better case for standing to bring a suit than the parents, but it still isn't very strong. Kudos to any lawyer that can get a declaratory judgement in this suit, and even more if they can get a temporary restraining order. The declaratory judgment would come too late for fall football, I would guess. The TRO would restrain something although I'm not sure what. If the finding is that they must have a formal vote (and I would be surprised if the court would want to impose itself in requiring a formal vote on President Council's matters), then they would have a formal vote and move on.

And at this point, it is a few players from Nebraska, not a number of players from different schools.

I wouldn't take it on a contingency.

The TRO would restrain something although I'm not sure what. If the finding is that they must have a formal vote (and I would be surprised if the court would want to impose itself in requiring a formal vote on President Council's matters), then they would have a formal vote and move on.
I'd take a formal vote, on the record, and accept that. Guessing that most of the university presidents/chancellors that allegedly voted no would not so eagerly put their stance on the record.

Anyone know if she is a season ticket holder?
UNL alum. :)

Love it.
Will likely go nowhere and the B1G will just remain quiet and ignore the whole thing.
"Legends and Leaders" my ass.
I don't see this as going nowhere unless you suspect as I do that the suit itself will prove fruitless. The federal courts have to respond in some manner. I would believe there will be a request for injunctive relief. Knowing how slow the Federal courts are, I don't see how this can restore fall sports in the BIG. I would love to see the BIG get its knuckles rapped by the court.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back