• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU Players File Lawsuit vs. B1G

Like I said earlier, any suit would be filed by the players and would likely include an interference with a business expectation type claim.

The article doesn't say, but assume they're asking for an immediate injunction as well.

Biggest part of the suit, short-term:

» Declaratory judgment. The Big Ten not actually voting on the decision, or at least being unwilling and/or unable to produce records of such a vote, violates its governing documents. The decision should be invalid and unenforceable.

If a judge rules in favor of this, or grants an emergency injunction, it's immediately game on for a fall season.

Well, only a matter of time till others from tOSU, Iowa et al join in.

3 … 2 … 1 ...

GBR!

Well, only a matter of time till others from tOSU, Iowa et al join in.

3 … 2 … 1 ...

GBR!
That would be very interesting. I don't know that it will happen but I could see where enough would join in that the pressure would be huge. TBD I guess.

Biggest part of the suit, short-term:

» Declaratory judgment. The Big Ten not actually voting on the decision, or at least being unwilling and/or unable to produce records of such a vote, violates its governing documents. The decision should be invalid and unenforceable.

If a judge rules in favor of this, or grants an emergency injunction, it's immediately game on for a fall season.

I hope you know what your talking about.... The roller coaster ride of emotions with this guy is killing me!

Edit: (This guy meaning "ME")

Last edited:

I hope you know what your talking about.... The roller coaster ride of emotions with this guy is killing me!
Getting an injunction is an uphill battle. The players will have to prove they have a likelihood of succeeding on the merits. I just don't know that they can get there.

There are other requirements as well, but that is going to be the hardest, IMO.

Interesting that McCaffrey isn't listed on here.....that was the first name on the letter if I recall correctly and seemed to be the name that most fans believed was important to have included in any filing moving forward.

Last edited:

Interesting that McCaffrey isn't listed on here.....that was the first name on the letter if I recall correctly and seemed to be the name that most fans believed was important to have included in any filing moving forward.
I do not think that McCaffrey is the best player for this. Juniors and seniors are the ones who can best show potential damages as it could and probably will hurt draft status. Luke is a RS Frosh. He will have 4 years either way.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back