• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Not a good sign: Tevin Mitchel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohh...I wish you guys could hear what I hear down here in Arkansas :Biggrin: :Biggrin: :Biggrin:

I actually heard a caller on their #1 rated sports talk show ask about that photo with the jerseys - these guys literally are so football savvy they said "Naw...there is no violation there...it had to do with names on jerseys being handed out at hotels....there is nothing about names on lockers or jerseys when they are OUTSIDE THE PUBLIC DOMAIN". Then the caller actually read them the bylaw (pretty surprising :) )...and they still balked at it, haha.

The day before or after that they were talking about Mitchell. Said he is still committed to Nebraska, but they think they have a pretty good shot at him and assume he will go to the Hogs. Of course they also thought that with another recruit that was looking at both NU and Arkansas.

By the way...also you learn to NEVER say an ill word about the God known as Petrino. They are naturally sick of people thinking that he will jump ship and can't wait to prove everyone wrong. Personally I don't think they belong where they are this year. I had to watch more SEC football this year than in my life and the SEC did not impress me one bit this year. It wasn't that they were "beating up on each other" - it was just that they really weren't that good. Especially when you consider all of the dirty stuff flying around.

SEC recruting makes you want to shower often. Most coaches in that conference will say/promise anything. Tough on the kids and the NCAA doesn't seem to have enough bodies to investigate everything. Basketball may even be worse.

Let's be honest here,

I wish Tevin the best in whatever he chooses! He is the one kid I thought and still think will leave NU as the best athlete in his class. Says alot considering studs like Aaron Green and Ryne Reeves. Look he went to Arkansas two weeks ago and while I think he is high on them, what we have to appreciate is that he didnt pull the trigger immediately. Its a tough tough decision on a kid his age especially since "Ma" just got a job there. Bo apparently had his in home on Thursday which bodes well for us as Petrino went before him. I think if he was "A" we would know by now. I think the fact that he still at this point is "N" is good for us. But you never know! What fun is recruiting! You win some, you lose some! But at the end of the day you dream of a secondary with Tevin Mitchell, Charles Jackson and Corey Cooper!!! And you guys think Dennard, Amukamara and Cassidy are good! Oh how good it is to be a Husker under Bo right now! Maybe we dont know just how good we have it yet!!!

Mom getting the job is the key at this point....and I'll leave it at that....but for the most part I agree with you....good post...:)

I wish Tevin the best in whatever he chooses! He is the one kid I thought and still think will leave NU as the best athlete in his class. Says alot considering studs like Aaron Green and Ryne Reeves. Look he went to Arkansas two weeks ago and while I think he is high on them, what we have to appreciate is that he didnt pull the trigger immediately. Its a tough tough decision on a kid his age especially since "Ma" just got a job there. Bo apparently had his in home on Thursday which bodes well for us as Petrino went before him. I think if he was "A" we would know by now. I think the fact that he still at this point is "N" is good for us. But you never know! What fun is recruiting! You win some, you lose some! But at the end of the day you dream of a secondary with Tevin Mitchell, Charles Jackson and Corey Cooper!!! And you guys think Dennard, Amukamara and Cassidy are good! Oh how good it is to be a Husker under Bo right now! Maybe we dont know just how good we have it yet!!!

Good question....and honestly I don't know....only he does....his mom getting the job at Arkansas.....how big will that play? The legalities of it I don't know....plus the possible NCAA infractions for the jerseys and lockers with their name on it for Arkansas how does that play into the decision...and where does his dad, who lives in Texas, stand on this?....you can only hope he makes his own decison, without too much pressure from the "adults" around him....

So far he has not switched so I guess we can hope it stays that way....and our coaches did follow Petrino's visit....

What % chance do you think NU has RR?

Please explain this to me slowly...his mother got a job AT Arkansas, or IN Arkansas?

Can't clarify that point but I can say that if his Mom did get a job at Arkansas it wouldn't be the first time a college has done that to get a recruit. I believe Duke basketball got Carlos Boozer that way.

I really hope football recruiting doesn't head the way of basketball. Living in VA I want to take a shower after just reading about some of the basketball recruiting shenanigans that have gone on in the ACC.

Can't clarify that point but I can say that if his Mom did get a job at Arkansas it wouldn't be the first time a college has done that to get a recruit. I believe Duke basketball got Carlos Boozer that way.

I really hope football recruiting doesn't head the way of basketball. Living in VA I want to take a shower after just reading about some of the basketball recruiting shenanigans that have gone on in the ACC.

Happens in basketball a lot. Kansas got Danny Manning that way and Mario Chalmers. There are several other instances just not popping in my head at the moment.

Supposed to make his annoucement tonight at 6PM CT....just my opinion....he's gone...why annouce Nebraska when you are already a commit? Also his Facebook page is all about Arkansas....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back