• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Northwestern Week Practice Thread 19 Oct. Coach Rhule

Thanks for posting. I'm almost embarrassed by my growing man-crush on Coach Rhule, but I love listening to him talk. There are a couple of adjectives that continue to surface whenever I hear him speak.
Genuine.
Consistent.
Focused.
To be fair, I've been optimistic about hires before so I am guilty of sporting those rose colored shades, but there is something very different about him and I think it has alot to do with those 3 words. GBR

Thanks for posting. I'm almost embarrassed by my growing man-crush on Coach Rhule, but I love listening to him talk. There are a couple of adjectives that continue to surface whenever I hear him speak.
Genuine.
Consistent.
Focused.
To be fair, I've been optimistic about hires before so I am guilty of sporting those rose colored shades, but there is something very different about him and I think it has alot to do with those 3 words. GBR
I feel the same way. I really like the guy because he seems so intelligent and genuine. But I keep having to remind myself that I have been fooled before.

My late father used to love a George Burns quote. I'm paraphrasing, but it was something along the lines of the following: "The most important thing in life is to be sincere, and once you learn to fake that, you've got it made!"

Hopefully, Rhule's not faking it.

Last edited:
Genuine.
Consistent.
Focused.
One of the things that makes him feel different. His commitment to the athletic department as a whole. Also his demand that his players be a part of it as well. I think that will limit the amount of guys leaving to the portal.

To give an analogy. If you live in a community just because it is close to your job. If another job is offered, you move. However, if you live in a community near your job, and, you are involved in your church, coaching youth, mentoring young people. Then you are offered a job for a little more money, you think twice about it. These guys are experiencing Husker fans from both sides. As a player, and as a fan. Sitting in the student section and cheering on a team makes you feel part of the campus, not just the football offices.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back