• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Northwestern Practice Week: 30 September Coach Frost

Chinander ( If this defense continues to impress) should get a VERY hefty raise I could see a team with deep pockets try to steal him.
I agree the defense is pretty salty this year. But we have to factor in Britt, Williams, Domann, Stille, Daniel's etc. could all be on NFL rosters next year and this made his defense really good. I don't mean to project but how will his defense be when these guys are gone. Sometimes you just have the right players

Last edited:

I do appreciate their resiliency. With the lack of good special teams play, an inconsistent offense, and a knack for giving games away, I just don't see more than 2 more wins on the schedule. They're talented enough to win much more. They just find ways to give games away.

In the past, we saw some dynamic play keeping games close.
It seems now, on offense, other than AM, we arent seeing much yet, while still keeping games close.
I'm waiting for a breakout game
So in your mind our WR and TEs aren't doing much? Interesting...

So in your mind our WR and TEs aren't doing much? Interesting...
TEs I take exception to.
I'm comparing the WRs to Stan and JD, the RBs to Ziggy.
We saw a lot of dynamic play by those guys, and while our WR productions improved, its too sporadic to call it dynamic or dominant.

Tie that offense with this defense, things would look very different.

TEs I take exception to.
I'm comparing the WRs to Stan and JD, the RBs to Ziggy.
We saw a lot of dynamic play by those guys, and while our WR productions improved, its too sporadic to call it dynamic or dominant.

Tie that offense with this defense, things would look very different.
I do not see Toure, Allen and Vokolek dropping a lot of catchable balls.

I do not see Toure, Allen and Vokolek dropping a lot of catchable balls.
Again, except for TE play, Toureis the only consistent WR we have.
Manning and Betts are good, but are developing, and Martins ready but injured.
Our run game has yet to popoff huge TD runs.

I'm saying we are close, and getting Martin back will help alot, plus more consistent pass pro from everyone.
I think much of this is still tied to our run game and pass pro and dictates a better solution for our rivals.
Putting a spy on AM means our TEs have to come through, and they mostly are, but our WRs just arent quite there yet.
If we start burning them we will see this offense take off, but imo we need Martin to do this

Again, except for TE play, Toureis the only consistent WR we have.
Manning and Betts are good, but are developing, and Martins ready but injured.
Our run game has yet to popoff huge TD runs.

I'm saying we are close, and getting Martin back will help alot, plus more consistent pass pro from everyone.
I think much of this is still tied to our run game and pass pro and dictates a better solution for our rivals.
Putting a spy on AM means our TEs have to come through, and they mostly are, but our WRs just arent quite there yet.
If we start burning them we will see this offense take off, but imo we need Martin to do this
Not arguing your second paragraph. I think Manning has done pretty well. Like you though I pray Martin gets well soon.

I agree the defense is pretty salty this year. But we have to factor in Britt, Williams, Domann, Stille, Daniel's etc. could all be on NFL rosters next year and this made his defense really good. I don't mean to project but how will his defense be when these guys are gone. Sometimes you just have the right players
Hopefully you are right that 5 of those will be playing in the NFL next season but there’s depth on this defense right now.

Right now the depth chart of 28 players on defense lists only 4 seniors.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back