15 Year Member
Exactly. as a former HS center, I watch the Oline and have noticed this:And why does it take 6 weeks into the season to 'notice' that the OL needs to get their pad level lower????
1) A lot of the OL are hitting their guy initially, but then 'passing" him back to either someone else or to no one (hoping that the DT is already out of the play?) but that person is either disrupting the play or getting the tackle. (This maybe by design but, if so, it is NOT WORKING!)
2) The Oline is not getting much, if any, push on running plays.
3) The Olinemen are usually on their backs after getting blown up
4) Outside run/option plays are the only plays that seem to work for any type of yardage.
5) The RB's aren't exactly helping always by missing holes and running into the backs of the Oline.
6) The Oline is backpedaling too much on passing plays and the DT's/others are using that backward momentum to push the Oline into AM or are just getting the sack.
The Oline looks the part but aren't playing the part so far. But what can you really expect with 3 FR and 1 Soph in the big Ten?