• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

No football a good thing for NU?

IMO no football is very likely, whether it would be good for the team or not. Maybe conferences will be able to work in a few games if certain conditions are met. I'd bet teams will be reluctant to play many away games though. Also, I can't see how seniors would be granted an extra year of eligibility unless roster sizes are allowed to expand (gotta make room for new recruits).

what recruits are going to want to come in and join 4 other eligible classes? That is going to be a hot mess.

I know that no football would be bad for the university and state as a whole. But lets get real and take a peek at that behemoth of a schedule next year. Personally i think another 5-7 season would hurt this program more than not having football at all. Just my honest perspective.
Not bad thoughts but a whole year "off" (no practices, games, anything but you would have S&C) would basically make all players "rusty", out of synch, and maybe even a bit unmotivated. Our last game was Nov 2019 and their potential next game would be Sep 2021...that is a long time ot wait around, without practices and such. But every school would be in the same boat so who knows how it would really turn out.

too bad we aren't still a 12 team cvonference and we could simply schedule a round robin schedule. Honestly,they ought to do it this way every year...add 4-5 team to each division, play only your division and have the 2 division winners face off in the BIGCCG.

I know that no football would be bad for the university and state as a whole. But lets get real and take a peek at that behemoth of a schedule next year. Personally i think another 5-7 season would hurt this program more than not having football at all. Just my honest perspective.

When you say, "next year", are you referring to 2020 or 2021?

No football this year would give SF an extra year to build a winner...more recruits, better buy-in, more S&C conditioning, better health from injury recovery and players would have no excuse for not being up to speed on the playbook.

No football this year would give SF an extra year to build a winner...more recruits, better buy-in, more S&C conditioning, better health from injury recovery and players would have no excuse for not being up to speed on the playbook.
I am thinking the same thing. IMO we’re still 2 years away from having the depth we need anyway, and next year certainly doesnt look like a banner year for the big red.

There are reasons to be concerned about playing sports this fall, but fear of a losing season shouldn't, in my opinion, be one of them...
Agree.Here in Florida,it is being reported that the fastest growing cases of the virus is in the age group of 20-30 year olds.They are the biggest group requiring hospitalization,as reported by local news channels.Keep the faith.GBR.

I am thinking the same thing. IMO we’re still 2 years away from having the depth we need anyway, and next year certainly doesnt look like a banner year for the big red.
With the all B1G schedule if it is played, we are likely looking at anywhere from 4 to 7 losses. If we are destined to finish 3-7 or 4-6, then maybe a year off is a blessing. Another losing season is the only thing worse than not having a season.

With the all B1G schedule if it is played, we are likely looking at anywhere from 4 to 7 losses. If we are destined to finish 3-7 or 4-6, then maybe a year off is a blessing. Another losing season is the only thing worse than not having a season.
Totally agree. I dont even want to imagine what a third straight losing season would do to recruiting, National perception of frost, etc.

If there is no season, then the year is what they make of it. Can't focus on something they can't change or influence. I think this is where having a younger head coach could pay dividends. This is all new territory, so maybe Scott can glean something from being relatively closer in age to his players. IDK, being hopeful there.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back