• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

No changes to the coaching staff

This is concerning. I did not expect wholesale change but whoa, all is not well.

I wouldn’t use the term concerning,for me it was depressing.Difficult to keep doing the same things and expect different results. I lay no claim to being a coach,just my opinion.My enthusiasm for the upcoming season took a hit.Keep the faith.GBR.

I'm really not. His supposed offensive genius is the reason he's paid 5 mil. He's paid so well partly to call the plays. If he's not doing that and he's also not doing particularly well at the other aspects of managing the team then why is he here?

The whole thing smacks of desperation and it feels really misplaced. He's going to take time off calling plays to micromanage the development Adrian Martinez? Why is AM so special? Why do we have a quarterbacks coach or that particular quarterbacks coach if this needs to be done? My mind is just totally blown when I hear about this stuff.

This^^^^^^^^^^^

Reactions: Pal
Well, only if you count out scheming them on defense, with their starting QB giving up two first half turnovers.
But it was PSU who made the half time adjustment.
PSU who dominated the second half outscoring DONU 21-3.
DONU had no Kickoff return yardage, 25 punt return yardage, so special teams was of no help at all to an offense that was stagnant, especially in the second half and could have used help.

So, maybe an example of a Dr. Tom win but it looked more like holding on to good fortune rather than intentional.
If the staff repeats it, then its intentional.
This is some professional grade spinning. Well done.

But is it really a revolving door when they were given 5 years, 5 years, 7 years, then 3 years? Then SF getting 4 years minimum. What Tennessee is doing is a revolving door, not NU. Sure I agree give SF time if he hits .500 next year and then winning season after that. But do you really think holding onto a coach after 4 losing seasons is the right call? Winning coaches win with the other staffs players as we have seen all across the college world year in and year out. And winning coaches win by year 3 but I give a mulligan for 2020. By your logic MR should have gotten a few more years instead of hitting eject one losing season after he won 9 games. .500 is all SF needs to stick around for his 5th year, never has that been said at NU.
C
I’m going to wait until we get to see what the team looks like in 2021 before I start talking about firing another head coach.

I don’t care to get into these Riley discussions. It just bores me (not intending that to offend anyone, sincerely). I’ll just say this. Riley was a good man, a career-long average coach at the end of his career (Frost is at the beginning). And his team flat out quit on him on the field. It’s not so much that he should of been fired. It’s that he should have never been hired.

Look, if some fans want to stress out and run around shouting ‘fire the coach’ again after year three, I guess it’s their prerogative. I find it to be wasted energy and short sighted. Like I said, if Frost doesn’t improve greatly next season and isn’t truly competing for the West by 2022, then he’ll be gone and we get to hit the reset button once again. What all Husker fans should be doing is hoping to hell that doesn’t happen but instead Frost grows as a head coach and gets our Huskers moving in the right direction. That would be best for all of us.

While I'm somewhat concerned that HCSF does t feel the need to replace anyone, as others have mentioned, I hope at least he is going to refine/reassign some of his assistants' roles and responsibilities.

And I'm obviously in no position to evaluate HCSF's assistants, so I guess I'll need to trust his assessment of their ability to develop players.

That said, I think the expectations (of improved results on the field) are going to be significant (as they should be), and with very little tolerance of performances similar to what we've seen the past three years.

I’m going to wait until we get to see what the team looks like in 2021 before I start talking about firing another head coach.

I don’t care to get into these Riley discussions. It just bores me (not intending that to offend anyone, sincerely). I’ll just say this. Riley was a good man, a career-long average coach at the end of his career (Frost is at the beginning). And his team flat out quit on him on the field. It’s not so much that he should of been fired. It’s that he should have never been hired.

Look, if some fans want to stress out and run around shouting ‘fire the coach’ again after year three, I guess it’s their prerogative. I find it to be wasted energy and short sighted. Like I said, if Frost doesn’t improve greatly next season and isn’t truly competing for the West by 2022, then he’ll be gone and we get to hit the reset button once again. What all Husker fans should be doing is hoping to hell that doesn’t happen but instead Frost grows as a head coach and gets our Huskers moving in the right direction. That would be best for all of us.

I don't see anyone asking for SF to be fired after year 3 except a very very small minority. I know I am not and I am on the record saying he should get a 5th for just hitting .500 next year. That is not even a winning season, think about that, what coach gets a fifth year for having a .409 winning record.

C

I see some of the usual suspects are out in full force.
Like firing head coaches every few years and hitting the reset button on the program over and over again? Yes. That’s insane.
Good grief, the herd mentality pitch forks are out in full force. Go Frost. Get it done! ❤

Then why read the thread? It's just people on here venting their frustrations about what they see is a problem. If you disagree then state an opinion about why you think Frost is making the right move in this instance and we can debate it but to just come on this thread and bash people for their opinions is just stupid. If you don't like it shut up and move on.

Then why read the thread? It's just people on here venting their frustrations about what they see is a problem. If you disagree then state an opinion about why you think Frost is making the right move in this instance and we can debate it but to just come on this thread and bash people for their opinions is just stupid. If you don't like it shut up and move on.

My, my... a bit testy you are, telling people to shut up. I stopped reading the thread after reading childish, temper tantrum posts, such as yours. However, since you called me out, I figured I would respond. Carry on with your brilliant solutions.

I didn't know this was the "venting frustrations" thread. Where is the "rational discussion for adults" thread?

I'm good.

If Verduzco isn't gone b4 Spring practice and the results are the same as the last three years, there will be no more years in this experiment. The weakest points on this team are Special Teams, QB's, and cutesy play calling. Even Nick Saban learned from being humbled, but if 3 years of humbling doesn't light a fire under your ass and u don't start firing your friends for something better, then u deserve to be fired Kiffin style.

Last edited:

Hahaha! Ok tough guy.

There’s a difference between discussing offense, defense, strategy etc and stomping your feet like a child throwing a tantrum. If you don’t like the feedback you can stfu and move on.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back