• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

No changes to the coaching staff

Coaches usually get fired because they have losing records which is what has happened the past 3 years under Frost. Frost I believe is being cut extra special treatment because of his Nebraska pedigree. That's fine but my bet is if we have a 4th in row losing season he's gone. I certainly hope he can turn it around because watching Husker football now is almost like waterboarding imo.
I get it.
At the same time, did the coach coach the player than went left to go left? Over run a play?
Theres been growing pains on both sides.
But lets say, we just clean things up,have better STs,less fumbles finally turn around the very law of averages and start recovering the opponents fumbles, less interception and penalties.
We would win more games without any changes, so, low hanging fruit there.

But I see positive changes in ll aspects, not only just players and coaching, but a slight change in philosophy, and bet we will certainly see it in our D if the O comes around

Last edited:
I have been begging for Frost to turn over the play calling to an OC. I think that’s the direction he is going. Looks liked he used this season to get comfortable with OCL and move toward being a head coach on game days rather than an OC. This team needs a HC on game day. I love it.

Those concerned about the HC giving more coaching attention to the QB, why? Lots of successful HCs are very involved with QB coaching. It’s the most important position on the field. I’m glad to hear it.

He didn’t say he wasn’t going to have a coach dedicated to special teams. He just said nobody is getting fired this year. We may still see some duty changes. I hope to see an emphasis on special teams. He has mentioned the need for improvement in that area so I’m expecting some sort of change there.

As far as firing coaches, he already made a couple of coaching changes on the D and the D got better. No changes are called for on that side of the ball this year. He just fired the OC last year and brought in a new OC. He’s had one shortened cluster f of a season to evaluate the offense under a new OC. He’s moving toward handing play calling off to OCL. This is not the year to fire another offensive coach after just bringing in a new OC, having no spring, and a shortened season imo.

I think most people would agree with what you have said, except you need to find room for a full time special teams coach.

Special teams with this staff has cost them winning seasons in 2019 and 2020.

With the statements that Scott is going to work with AM, it is beyond ridiculous that Verduzco is kept on staff and not replaced with a Special Teams guru.

Finally, I am still waiting for the one game where this staff "out coach" an opponent and steal a win.
1. Out scheme a team with better players
2. Out adjust at half time and come from behind.
3. Special Teams contributes points or > 100 yards of field position (Kick off and punts; its not that much). Any one else remember Shane Swanson's 47 yard punt return late in the game to break open a 3-3 game with Oklahoma State and lead us to a 17-3 win.
Yes those kind of special teams plays, to steal wins in close games, don't need "star" returners, just great special teams play!!

You know, a Dr. Tom win :)

Last edited:
Why of course, keep firing those coaches, it will change some day.
My moneys on the coaches, not the fans.
The coaches opinions,not the fans.

Matter of fact, I do want change
Hold onto the coaches
So your answer is to throw bad money after bad money? Screw the record? Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

I think most people would agree with what you have said, except you need to find room for a full time special teams coach.

Special teams with this staff has cost them winning seasons in 2019 and 2020.

With the statements that Scott is going to work with AM, it is beyond ridiculous that Verduzco is kept on staff and not replaced with a Special Teams guru.

Finally, I am still waiting for the one game where this staff "out coach" an opponent and steal a win.
2. Out adjust at half time and come from behind.
3. Special Teams contributes points or > 100 yards of field position (Kick off and punts; its not that much).

You know, a Dr. Tom win :)
I can’t argue against that except I still don’t know if coach V is the problem or if Martinez injuries have been the problem. I really don’t know. Luke is a project, so I can’t judge coach V on that. It’s a tough one. I’ll defer for now.

Special teams has been a disaster. I don’t know that we have to have a full time ST coach, although it wouldn’t hurt. But we at least need a position coach or coordinator to take full responsibility for STs.

That said, if Frost were to move on from coach V and hire a full time ST coach I would be pretty happy about it. It seems like the easy move from the outside. I’m just not in that locker room to know for certain that it’s the best move.

Last edited:
It has felt like so many of our games are against teams we are evenly matched with. Other than OSU this last year, I don't know that there was a single team that had better players than us. We gotta beat teams we are equal to, and that in itself will put us over the top in our division.

I doubt we can roll our guys out there week to week and know we are more talented, but we can figure out how beat equally talented teams, hopefully.

I’m certain Frost wants to win and turn around his program. He definitely wants it more than any fans posting on here. He’s handing over some of his play calling duties. Maybe he will take a direct roll with special teams. It’s hard to judge coach V off one quarterback. It’s hard to judge Libbick off one season. Especially a covid year with no spring and a messed up fall. Regardless of what some have said on here the offensive line was very young. I’m definitely willing to take a wait and see approach!

I’m certain Frost wants to win and turn around his program. He definitely wants it more than any fans posting on here. He’s handing over some of his play calling duties. Maybe he will take a direct roll with special teams. It’s hard to judge coach V off one quarterback. It’s hard to judge Libbick off one season. Especially a covid year with no spring and a messed up fall. Regardless of what some have said on here the offensive line was very young. I’m definitely willing to take a wait and see approach!

All well and good Frosty.

But I am tired of "wanting, hoping, dreaming and being close......"

Any rational assessment of this program, heck any P5 Program, would say that winning happens by year four or its as they coaches say, "next man up"!

And actually, I think that's just what I heard from Scott today, with him talking about competing for the West Championship in 2021, can't do that without winning, and he knows it.

GBR

All well and good Frosty.

But I am tired of "wanting, hoping, dreaming and being close......"

Any rational assessment of this program, heck any P5 Program, would say that winning happens by year four or its as they coaches say, "next man up"!

And actually, I think that's just what I heard from Scott today, with him talking about competing for the West Championship in 2021, can't do that without winning, and he knows it.

GBR
I agree they have to win next year. I agree he definitely knows it. I don’t think four to five years is a bad thing. We’ve gone through to many coaches. I want to see if stability works.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back