• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Nick Saben vs Gundy what a crock, btw Pinkel your a SEC homer too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do you have Stanford ahead of OSU? I can understand if you do. They are a very good team, they made a very impressive streak. They deserve a place in a BCS game. Pretty sure their biggest win was over USC. And USC is certainly in the top five hottest teams right now. They were totally dominated by the Ducks. Totally. Yet they are ranked higher than Oregon by many, many coaches. Logic and college football rarely collide these days.

There may be three teams in the Pac 12 better than OSU. We'll get a better idea on January 2.

No he don't owe anybody nuthin. I am sayin ranking Stanford ahead of Okie State is pure BS. Same for Pinkle. Compare the loss of Okie to Stanfords, hell, compare the whole season between those two schools. This was done deliberate to hurt OSU going into the final ratings. I understand why Saben would rank Bama #2. He had no reason to rank OSU #4, being a conf champ, destroying OU. But now that I have said it, I am over it.

Unless Pinkel admitted to this you may have a hard time proving your theory.

For you stats guys, use all the figures you want Bama is in. Sucks, maybe but that is the way it is. I still don't think you can lose to Iowa State (yes I know plane crash etc.) and still play for a national championship. Okie St. should have been able to walk onto the field on 1 leg and beat ISU.

Ok guys, I have a dumb question (I never paid attention to who voted on the polls), but how do they determine which coach votes in the coaches poll? Is it 25 random coaches, or do all BCS coaches vote and they only show certain coaches' votes?

the first 12 come from the SEC, then coaches who want to be in the SEC ever in their lifes, then...........................;)

(no idea)

Do you have Stanford ahead of OSU? I can understand if you do. They are a very good team, they made a very impressive streak. They deserve a place in a BCS game. Pretty sure their biggest win was over USC. And USC is certainly in the top five hottest teams right now. They were totally dominated by the Ducks. Totally. Yet they are ranked higher than Oregon by many, many coaches. Logic and college football rarely collide these days.

No, if I had a vote, I would definitely rank OSU ahead of Stanford right now. They won a better conference, top to bottom, than Stanford finished second in.

Stanford is ahead of Oregon because Stanford, USC and Oregon all took turns beating the other (all on the road, oddly); combine that with Oregon and USC having two losses and Stanford one and that is probably why in the AP poll it was Stanford, USC, then Oregon (USC beating Oregon most recently).

after a plane crashed K-I-L-L-E-D 2 of their colleagues. I'd have a hell of a time focusing on anything after that. You seem to not take this into consideration.

well with thinking, Stevie Ray Vaughn and Buddy Holly should be playing for the championship

I don't really care if 'Bama has the better resume or not. Two teams from the same conference should never appear in the BCS title game under the current format. The game is now a regional lovefest for the SEC.

Even using the eyeball test. OSU comes up third. There is no reason to put them fourth. I only singled these two out, and to be fair, I think there were four others who got this wrong. Nobody has one loss Stanford challenging for the title. Nobody.

Unless Pinkel admitted to this you may have a hard time proving your theory.

For you stats guys, use all the figures you want Bama is in. Sucks, maybe but that is the way it is. I still don't think you can lose to Iowa State (yes I know plane crash etc.) and still play for a national championship. Okie St. should have been able to walk onto the field on 1 leg and beat ISU.

I alreadysaid it's not about where Bama ended up. It's about where they ranked OSU. But I suppose If Saben put Bama at no. 1 and Lsu at no. 2, there would be a much louder cry. But the result would be the same.

And this is how we determine who plays for the national championship game.

How much clearer does it have to be that the BCS is a joke?

And this is how we determine who plays for the national championship game.

How much clearer does it have to be that the BCS is a joke?

I believe the computers have OSU lite ahead of Bama'....its the humans that are flawed my good sir!:)

Bo had Nebraska at #16 along with the coaches from Bowling Green, Syracuse, and Saben from Alabama. The only coach that had us ranked higher was none other than... Steve Spurrior for South Carolina who had us at #15. Oh and Gary Anderson from Utah St. was the only coach that didn't rank us in the top 25.

Wasn't he Corey Raymond's old coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back