• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New15 Year Members in 2021

anyone remember Netsurfers for Nebraska...? I had a t-shirt with that on it form the early days of the world wide web. I can't recall the protocol or format but seems to me it was DOS OS.. and we could get a text play by play and there was some kind of crude discussion forum.

anyone remember Netsurfers for Nebraska...? I had a t-shirt with that on it form the early days of the world wide web. I can't recall the protocol or format but seems to me it was DOS OS.. and we could get a text play by play and there was some kind of crude discussion forum.

Seems familiar to me.

I know how I got started before joining Huskerpedia in 1999. I was on an email list for most of the 90s. That's generally how Husker football discussions went before forums became a big thing.

I bought my first computer ($3,200.00 Gateway complete with router, printer, monitor and speakers) and hooked it up on Halloween night 1996. Didn't figure how to hook up the modem for a week or so, finally got "online" and officially "Asked Jeeves: Where can I find information on Nebraska Football and was promptly pointed to a page on Adnet or Geocities that Hudson had up that linked any news article Husker related and HUGE archive of everything Huskers. I was in Heaven, even figured out how to bookmark it at the same time. There was a period in time that I only had 1 bookmark... and I was happy. When they finally put a forum to the site I was scared to type anything as I didn't understand all the abbreviations everyone was using ... LOL. I think they registered the forum on Oct. 15th and I got in on the 17th. Merle and few others were quicker I believe... but most are gone now... it's been a great ride.

Last edited:
I bought my first computer ($3,200.00 Gateway complete with router, printer, monitor and speakers) and hooked it up on Halloween night 1996. Didn't figure how to hook up the modem for a week or so, finally got "online" and officially "Asked Jeeves: Where can I find information on Nebraska Football and was promptly pointed to a page on Adnet or Geocities that Hudson had up that linked any news article Husker related and HUGE archive of everything Huskers. I was in Heaven, even figured out how to bookmark it at the same time. There was a period in time that I only had 1 bookmark... and I was happy. When they finally put a forum to the site I was scared to type anything as I didn't understand all the abbreviations everyone was using ... LOL. I think they registered the forum on Oct. 15th and I got in on the 17th. Merle and few others were quicker I believe... but most are gone now... it's been a great ride.
Screenshot_2020-02-28-04-25-40.png

Little known fact, those early Gateways actually had a crank on the side of em that you had to crank up just to get them started, the modem was a whole new problem.

Best computer I ever owned was a 486sx 25Mhz Gateway machine I bought in '90 or '91.

It was fast as lighting and bullet proof.

Best computer I ever owned was a 486sx 25Mhz Gateway machine I bought in '90 or '91.

It was fast as lighting and bullet proof.
I bought mine just after you , and got the first TRUE 50Mhz (i.e. not double-clocked) as soon as it was available.
It was loaded. Lots of RAM (4 MB), 100 MB hard drive, soundblaster sound card, and a tape drive for backup.

I actually bought a Atari 1200 xl right after Pam and I got married in 82, was about 300 bucks and all I did was play Zork on it for 8 hours a night.... idiot!

I wish I had my Atari 2600...those were the days when everything in the world was simpler. At least it seemed like it when I was growing up. :thumbsup:

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Seems familiar to me.

I know how I got started before joining Huskerpedia in 1999. I was on an email list for most of the 90s. That's generally how Husker football discussions went before forums became a big thing.
Was it the one run by Mike Nolan? I was on that for a bit but never contributed.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back