• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New tournament attendance record

Here's a random memory ... watching Pete Incaviglia simply abuse a baseball.

On a related note: my grandpa also taught me how to score a baseball game. We also used to attend many Omaha Royals games back in the same time frame -- late-70s to mid-80s.

I've actually been a little disappointed by the turnout.

During the games the Huskers aren't playing, the stadium pans are dismal.

Omahans are used to supporting CBB, with and without NU as part of the fun, but that doesn't seem to be the case for the entirety of the conference tourney.

:2cents:
The CWS also draws big crowds from everywhere else. It's not just on NE fans.

And strangely, I still miss Rosenblatt. Ameritrade is a very nice ballpark. But it almost looks "fake." It simply doesn't have nearly the character Rosenblatt did. I understand tearing it down and moving forward -- but I miss it.
And in twenty years people will be waxing nostalgic about CWS games at Ameritrade.

And in twenty years people will be waxing nostalgic about CWS games at Ameritrade.

heheh... are you trying to downplay everything I say? :)

I'm sure they will. But for me, Ameritrade is simply too pristine... not enough character. It's beautiful -- no doubt. It's almost too perfect. I like the flaws of an aging stadium.

heheh... are you trying to downplay everything I say? :)

I'm sure they will. But for me, Ameritrade is simply too pristine... not enough character. It's beautiful -- no doubt. It's almost too perfect. I like the flaws of an aging stadium.

Even on television you can see that TDA doesn't have half the character that the Blatt did. Thats not saying it isn't a great ballpark, it is just modern and without traits that set it apart.

After only 2 days.

The Big Ten Baseball Tournament set a new total attendance record following a second day of record-setting crowds. The two-day total of 22,156 establishes a new conference record for a single tournament, while Thursday's attendance of 11,756 established a single-day tournament attendance record, surpassing the 10,400 who attended Wednesday's opening games.

The prior record of 12,000 for the entire tournament was set in Columbus. Last year the entire attendance was only about 6,000.

And 12,011 today, just for the Husker game. Good showing!

I would not be surprised to see 15,000 tomorrow but I Dont know if other games can make up the difference to get to 50,000

I just went to Ticketmaster to look into getting tickets for tomorrow's game and they didn't have any available. I think it might be a sell-out already.

I would not be surprised to see 15,000 tomorrow but I Dont know if other games can make up the difference to get to 50,000

I just went to Ticketmaster to look into getting tickets for tomorrow's game and they didn't have any available. I think it might be a sell-out already.

Good chance. If you still want tickets, I just checked stubhub....21 available. ..hurry!

Do you expect Husker fans to support the other games? Aren't they charged for each game? Blame the turnout of the other teams' fans, not ours

It is the responsibility of any host city to support the event that they are hosting. It is easy to come out to cheer on the Huskers, but the disparity between our game and IU's semifinal (another very good baseball team, mind you) is stark.

The CWS also draws big crowds from everywhere else. It's not just on NE fans.

That is self evident. We aren't talking about 24,000 fans/game here -- just a decent showing by the host city crowd (3-4k) for all games.

I've actually been a little disappointed by the turnout.

During the games the Huskers aren't playing, the stadium pans are dismal.

Omahans are used to supporting CBB, with and without NU as part of the fun, but that doesn't seem to be the case for the entirety of the conference tourney.

:2cents:

I believe the two games yesterday had over 7,000 in attendance. I think that is actually very good and probably on par with any conference tourney in the country, including the SEC (which I have seen with attendance figures around 7,000 for several of the sessions)......probably part of the reason it looks so dismal however is because of the overall size of the venue.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back