• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked New Surprise Commit

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is great. I have a boy who turns 3 in a few weeks. He is in the 99th percentile for height and weight and is as strong as an ox. I think he has the build of a linebacker but I think he'll be OL/DL like me. He loves to tackle already and says he wants to play for "team Nebraska". I'm going to take him to the spring game next year and maybe a home game since he'll be almost 4 by the start of next season.

Put Suh and Rimington posters on his bedroom walls. 2026-27 classes are starting to look pretty good.

My grandson turns 10 in Dec and has just started playing football in Centerville, UT. Since his dad grew up in IL and his mom grew up in UT, I have done my best to introduce him to NU football. He had his first game and said that he likes to "hit" people.
When we go out to visit in a couple of weeks, I'll have to take some game film of the Blackshirts. That could entice him to think about playing for our Huskers in about 8 years. :huskerflag:

My grandson turns 10 in Dec and has just started playing football in Centerville, UT. Since his dad grew up in IL and his mom grew up in UT, I have done my best to introduce him to NU football. He had his first game and said that he likes to "hit" people.
When we go out to visit in a couple of weeks, I'll have to take some game film of the Blackshirts. That could entice him to think about playing for our Huskers in about 8 years. :huskerflag:

There are some good blackshirt cut ups on youtube. That could get him pretty excited. Need to bring him in for a couple of unofficial visits too.

Is that an 'unofficial'? I don't think underclassmen can take official visits till their Jr. year.(?)

Sounds like you have a fullback there. Show him some film of Tom Rathman, the Makovickas, Mark Schellen... etc. Point out that Baylor and Michigan don't use the Fullback, but NU ran a trap play on the first play of the 2011 season...

I do have some film, I'll cut it up and post it for you when I get some time.

Great thing about it is he loves his NU #40 jersey. Ironically that's the only one they had in his size when I was shopping on line for him last year. If you have clips of the great Makovickas, Rathman, etc.....please do share.

Good one.

We are deciding if our son needs to start kindergarden next fall '12 or the following '13. So do you think NU will need a TE or DE more in their '25 or '26.

Early projections are 6'4" 225, w/o weight training.....

If he's coming in at 6'4" 225, once he settles in on NU's weight training he may put on 30 lbs. You boy may be a future Blackshirt.

I just heard that a ND Helicopter was landing in your back yard...What's up with that??Let him know early that being a Golden Domer is totally UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!...or a Bevo for that matter!
LOL, naw, that was Pinkel showing up for a little scrimmage in the back yard with the 9 year old girl down the street. :)
Didn't you say that former ISU coach larry eastachy was spotted at a slumber party on your block trying to secure a commit to help get him back into coaching?;)

Great thread! My son actually told Bo and Tom that he was committing to the class of 2015 when they were out here in Scottsbluff at the beginning of the first year! Bo just said "Great, look forward to having you! Peyton was nine at the time. You shoulda seen the look on my sons face. Stuff dreams are made of! Great thread once again!

Seth had his unofficial visit this weekend. Had a great time, really solidified his decision. Told me this morning that he wants to play tackle football this year, so I'm scrambling to find him a league before his mom finds out and puts the kibosh on that.

Any rumors of other teams getting to him are unfounded. He's a solid verbal and won't be swayed. He was excited about ISU's win Saturday, mostly because his babysitters husband is a huge Hawkeye fan and he can't wait to rub it in today after school. He wore his Nebraska shirt (for third day in a row, much to the chagrin of his mother) and packed an Iowa State hat to wear this afternoon.

Oh, and he has a line for the babysitters husband today. He's going to tell him he can dry his tears on his Husker shirt. Very compassionate young man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back