• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked New Surprise Commit

Status
Not open for further replies.

IowaBugEater

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
My 7 year old son, Seth, committed after watching the game on Saturday.

Said he wanted to score the first touchdown of the game so he'd be the reason everyone let go of the balloons.
Going on an unofficial visit this Saturday (visited ISU last fall but left un-impressed).

Plays I-back for his flag football team, and LB when the D takes the field. Led the team in tackles last fall (had to tell him repeatedly that you're not supposed to tackle in flag football). Also lead the team in touchdowns and yards (though there aren't any official stats, just me taking them mentally).

A little on the small side now, but has a frame to grow into. He's about 4'2" and 54 pounds, projected to be 6'0" and 200 (like his dad).

Projected as a linebacker, though could get a look at corner if his speed improves. No official 40 time, though he is faster than the 9 year old girl down the street.

Only a 2 star right now, but that's just because there aren't any SEC teams interested.

First known commit (though Bo hasn't been informed yet) of the 2022 class.

Said he wanted to score the first touchdown of the game so he'd be the reason everyone let go of the balloons.
Going on an unofficial visit this Saturday (visited ISU last fall but left un-impressed).

Plays I-back for his flag football team, and LB when the D takes the field. Led the team in tackles last fall (had to tell him repeatedly that you're not supposed to tackle in flag football). Also lead the team in touchdowns and yards (though there aren't any official stats, just me taking them mentally).

A little on the small side now, but has a frame to grow into. He's about 4'2" and 54 pounds, projected to be 6'0" and 200 (like his dad).

Projected as a linebacker, though could get a look at corner if his speed improves. No official 40 time, though he is faster than the 9 year old girl down the street.

Only a 2 star right now, but that's just because there aren't any SEC teams interested.

You got any film. I have a son who's has narrowed his down to three schools (NU, Michingan 'mom is an alum', & Baylor 'dad/grandpa ran track there') He will be apart of the 2023 class though. RB for his flag football team. Probably the most physical RB I've ever seen in flag football. Instead of juking like traditional ball carriers in flag football, he tends to run right at a defender. He actually got a DB to run away from him last week. It was hilarious. His official visit will be the tOSU game.

You guys sound like proud papas. Keep them thinking Husker Football.

Good work, Dads!

GO BIG RED

You got any film. I have a son who's has narrowed his down to three schools (NU, Michingan 'mom is an alum', & Baylor 'dad/grandpa ran track there') He will be apart of the 2023 class though. RB for his flag football team. Probably the most physical RB I've ever seen in flag football. Instead of juking like traditional ball carriers in flag football, he tends to run right at a defender. He actually got a DB to run away from him last week. It was hilarious. His official visit will be the tOSU game.

Is that an 'unofficial'? I don't think underclassmen can take official visits till their Jr. year.(?)

Sounds like you have a fullback there. Show him some film of Tom Rathman, the Makovickas, Mark Schellen... etc. Point out that Baylor and Michigan don't use the Fullback, but NU ran a trap play on the first play of the 2011 season...

I do have some film, I'll cut it up and post it for you when I get some time.

Good one.

We are deciding if our son needs to start kindergarden next fall '12 or the following '13. So do you think NU will need a TE or DE more in their '25 or '26.

Early projections are 6'4" 225, w/o weight training.....

Good one.

We are deciding if our son needs to start kindergarden next fall '12 or the following '13. So do you think NU will need a TE or DE more in their '25 or '26.

Early projections are 6'4" 225, w/o weight training.....

That's one for RR or FLAS. Though I'd go with 2013, give him time to develop. Get him in the Y program early though.

My son was playing DE in a flag football game last fall. He 'sacked' the QB and the coach (also a Husker fan in enemy territory) looked over at me and threw the bones... no one else had a clue what just happened. :)

What is this...English Soccer League!? ;) Fun Post....you got me! My kids want to be huskers more and more when they play Assurity Football ( little league) and the team colors are red and white, and right after warm-ups they say the "Husker Prayer"! They get pumped, I get pumped, and then its makes me want to see them pursue that dream! MY dream or THEIR dream...I don't know yet!!
:huskerflag:

Are you sure he wouldn't accept a walk-on offer?:Biggrin::stirthepot:

I just heard that a ND Helicopter was landing in your back yard...What's up with that??
Let him know early that being a Golden Domer is totally UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!...or a Bevo for that matter!

This thread is great. I have a boy who turns 3 in a few weeks. He is in the 99th percentile for height and weight and is as strong as an ox. I think he has the build of a linebacker but I think he'll be OL/DL like me. He loves to tackle already and says he wants to play for "team Nebraska". I'm going to take him to the spring game next year and maybe a home game since he'll be almost 4 by the start of next season.

I am not going to admit which side of the family his athleticism come from. I did start at both CB and long snapper my senior year and had a hard enough time keeping my position as it was in very small school. I just now have finally achieved my "playing weight" which the coach made up and put down on the program. He only wants to wear his Nebraska shirt though...

I just heard that a ND Helicopter was landing in your back yard...What's up with that??
Let him know early that being a Golden Domer is totally UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!...or a Bevo for that matter!

LOL, naw, that was Pinkel showing up for a little scrimmage in the back yard with the 9 year old girl down the street. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back